I was sound asleep until I felt someone climb onto my bed. I jumped in surprise and sighed in relief to see that it was Theo.

"Oh my god, Theo. You nearly gave me a heart attack," I commented as I sat up slightly to pull on my glasses. I grabbed my phone to realize it was nearly eleven thirty. "It's nearly midnight. What are you doing here? How did you even get in?"

"Your little brother was up. I told him if he could get me into the house I would pay him twenty dollars. You guys really underestimate his knowledge in keypads," he explained as I pulled my cardigan over from the end of the bed.

I slipped it over my tank top and pushed my hair back out of my face as I sat up completely.

"He's six in the second grade. I think we give him plenty of credit. What are you doing here, Theo? My dad would probably have an aneurysm if he walked in to find a boy in my bed," I said.

"I'm technically on your bed. I would never get in bed with you unless you gave me your sober consent," he made clear and I rolled my eyes.

At least he was all for consent.

"Regardless, it doesn't look good either way. Why are you here?"

"You weren't at school today, and I couldn't find any reason as to why. Plus you ignored my text message, so I just had to come see if you were alive and breathing," he answered and I laughed in disbelief.

"I'm alive and I'm definitely breathing. My grandmother didn't want me taking the train so late so she drove me in this afternoon," I clarified as I moved over so he could sit beside me.

"Thank you," he thanked as he took a seat and I nodded.

"Isn't your mom going to wonder where you are?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"Tess has got me covered. Plus she's usually out by ten thirty on weeknights," he said as he pulled his knees up to his chest.

"Apparently my little brother will do anything for twenty dollars, so I guess you can stay awhile," I offered and he chuckled.

"You're so kind, but I need to ask what we're doing at this point. Are you into Henry? I mean because if you are, I'll lay off and I'm sorry if I stepped any boundaries," he stated and I shook my head no.

"I'm not into Henry and thank you for the apology," I thanked and he nodded, "I'm not sure what we're doing, but I know I kind of like you and I like it when we kiss."

"Really?" he smiled as he looked over at me, "Please by all means do what you like."

"You're unbelievable," I laughed as he pushed my comforter off of me.

He leaned forward and we kissed a few times before he pulled me up on top of him. I tried not to giggle as he gently bit down on my lip, but it was ridiculous how attracted I was to this boy right now. I gasped when I felt his fingers press into my things and he quickly let go realizing what he had done. I paused for a moment and quickly guided his hand back to my hip.

"Lauren, no," he said in between kisses.

"Yes, please," I whispered as I tried to place his hand back on my hip.

He pulled away again and shook his head, "I am not doing this if this is what you had in mind."

I stared blankly at him.

"It's been two weeks. There shouldn't even be pain there, Lauren," he added as he tried to push my cardigan out of the way.

"Theo, no," I snapped as I pushed his hand away.

"Lauren, you need to stop," he insisted as he grabbed both my wrists. He held both in one hand as I tried to pull away.

He managed to move my cardigan out of the way to reveal the reopened wounds on my hip. I managed to get my hands back and tucked my tank down to cover them.

"Why?" he asked as he distanced himself from me.

I sighed. "Theo, it's not a big deal."

"It was big enough for you to reopen your cuts. Why?"

"I had a therapy appointment and they make me really uncomfortable," I said and he slid his hand through his hair.

"Where are they?" he questioned as he climbed off the bed and opened my nightstand drawer.

"Where are what?" I asked.

He began rummaging through my things, "You know what, Lauren. Where are they?"

"Theo, stop," I stated as I followed him into my bathroom. He began going through the drawers and medicine cabinet.

"You're not going to hurt yourself again not while we're together," he said as he checked underneath the sink.

"Theo," I snapped as I shut the doors.

"Where are the razors, Lauren?"

"I can't tell you and you know that," I made clear and he shook his head no.

"Give them to me. I am not leaving till I have them," he replied as he walked around me and pulled the drawers to my desk open.

It hit me like a train. I needed it so bad at the moment. I need this sudden built up pressure to be released. I didn't even have a hair tie to pull on.

"You're not going to find them because they're not here, okay?" I announced a little too loudly.

I covered my mouth quickly hoping my parents didn't hear my sudden announcement and he shook his head no.

"Then get them," he ordered quietly as he walked over to me, "Lauren, please."

"You should go, Theo," I said.

His entire demeanor changed.

"Fine," he said coldly.

He slammed out of my bedroom door and I flinched at the sound of the loud bang the door made as it hit the frame. My parents were awake now for sure if they weren't up already. I waited a few minutes hoping they wouldn't come looking to see what had happened, and sure enough they didn't. I went over to my closet and felt across the top for the small jewelry box Will had made for my eighth birthday.

I removed the top off carefully and picked up the blade sitting inside. I stroked the sharp edge gently with my thumb and then set it on top of my drawer. I closed the box again and put it away. I grabbed the blade off the dresser and then locked myself in the bathroom.

One. Wince. Two. Wince. Three.

Relief.