"Remind me next time..not be near him."

"Why?" I know Elliot doesn't like him but he makes it so obvious that everyone can see it.

"Well he hates my guts Why? Only god knows."

Hate is strong emotion, may be Elliot doesn't hate him. But his behavior is always off around Drew. It is his second day here and he made my mind completely wreck. The way he acts, is leading me to that path which has no end, no destination.

Avoiding Drew's comment I look out window. Soon we reached our favorite and old hangout spot BEELINE. I want to know who named this classic diner this. We got inside and took a sit. It was evening yet diner was not packed. A waiter came for orders and within twenty minutes he brought our orders. We were eating in silence but anybody could see that Drew has tons of questions.

"Oliver I am not going to repeat my question, so tell me everything..." His stern voice left no room for argument. And I also need someone whom I can share my feelings with.

"Just don't freak out please."

"I'll try but no promises."

"I found my mate D." My full focus was on my plate so I didn't know his expression and his silence wasn't help either. When he didn't say anything, I assumed he probably knew there is more.

"My mate is guy, married and have a child. I met him in Miami. I was so confused and scared at that time D....." My eyes filled up with tears and I let them fall. Atleast I deserve to weep my heart out for once.

"I never thought I would be able to find my mate but I did. But see how it's turned out. The time I spent there was painful, seeing him so happy with someone other than me. It's still painful I couldn't even glance at him without thinking how to break his marriage and this is horrible since he is so happy with them." I told him. He ran his hand on my arm for comfort when my sobs didn't stop after that he hugged but he was quite. When I stopped crying I waited for his reaction. But it never came.

Again silence. I hate silent treatment.

"Okay." Okay? Did he not hear me. He took deep breath then sighed then took a bite from his plate then again sighed.

"You have nothing to say............about this?"

"Yeah.....ummm....well....SHIT" great either he is dump or his mind stopped working.

"I have to ask one thing don't get mad or anything. I may be wrong, I want to be wrong bu.."

"ASK."

"Elliot is your mate?" My breathing became uneven, my hands started sweating, I couldn't keep my body still. How?

D stood from his seat and hugged me tight when I gained my composer back, Drew wiped my tears and cleaned my running nose.

"I guess he is." He sat back in his seat and offered me his coke which I gladly accepted.

"I don't know how to feel about this Oliver. I understand your behaviour. I can't even imagine how tough it is for you. How painful it is for you not only mentally, emotionally but also physically."

Physical pain? Why would it cause me physical pain? My brows frowned and raised one in question.

"What? You feel physical pain,right?"

"No. Why would I ?"

"Well he is here with his wife just after his marriage so it must be painful."

What is he saying?

"Can you please explain.....in simple words..."

"Well...um..see they are newlyweds and it's understandable that they are doing that.."

"That?"

"That.." After realizing what he meant I felt my heart burn with jealousy. But still what does pain have to do with it?

"You didn't understand, did you? God Oliver you should read more about our history..." He shook his head disapprovingly. He thought something for a moment.." may be you are not feeling it because you have no wolf." Satisfied with his statement. He continued with his food, I eyed him annoyingly.

"Drew what the hell are you saying?"

"See when we found our mate, we create our bond instantly even if you want to not which you did in the wedding. It basically connects our wolves. As you already know wolves always accept their mate no matter what their gender is and now as it is really rare to find one's mate there is no reason to reject them. This bond grows strong with time."

"Can you get to the point? I have no such patience for your lecture."

"No, now listen carefully. Mate are two parts of one soul, after meeting them their soul becomes one. So what I am saying is that if they are doing that then you should have felt some pain because it's like he is rejecting this bond, rejecting you. And obviously your boby is not capable for that. Hence the physical pain."

"It makes sense but why would I feel pain?"

"Oliver are you seriously the one who gives best strategies for our pack? You know what try to remove your one arm forcefully then tell me if you felt any pain or not."

"Now when you say it like that I can understand. So your point is I am feeling anything because of wolf." This is reasonable. I had no idea what could I have done if I had felt this pain.

"May be. But your senses are more strong then any normal person. So there is chance that they are doing anything.."

"You mean that." I smiled hearing it. It is nice thing if they are not together like that.

"If they are not, think about why not? They recently married so why?.." He looked so amused by this whole situation..." May be he feels connection with you. He is your mate, I can't he hadn't felt those sparks. It possible that he is controlling his feelings because he is married."

"And because he has a son." I sighed heavily this is a lot to take like a lot. But this gives me hope. My heart fluttered. There is this weird feeling in my stomach. I only realized I was smiling like a fool when D tapped his fingers on the table.

"You told him about this?"

"No. How am I suppose to tell him? He is a human, he would definitely thought I am some physcho."

"So no one knows about you being his mate."

"Alpha, Luna and James know."

"And Emily?"

"No. I couldn't bring myself to tell her."

"Oh. So what you will do now?"

"What should I do?"

"You can try to find out what he thinks about you. I feel he doesn't like me because you are close to me. If that's true then try be with more."

"You think it will work?"

"Atleast you can try. By the way when alpha knows that he might have told you how handle this situation?" He questioned and I shook my head.

"You know what we will talk about this some other time. I have already shed enough tears for today." Drew happily agreed to it and we finished our food,left the diner and just roomed around for a bit. When it was 8, we get back to our car. When we reached house Drew hugged for last time and made his way to his room. I went to my room, laid on my bed and just thought about what Drew said today. If Elliot can feel bond, should I try to be close to him? Will it be the right thing to do?

I closed my eyes and thought about those gorgeous green eyes. I will decide this tomorrow, right now I need some sleep before night duty.

__________________

Hi readers! I have noticed that this book slowly, very slowly is getting views. It's nice to see that people are reading it but please can you guys spare some time to comment, I don't know what you think when you read this. It is your free will if you want to or not. If you can please comment.❤️