Chapter 12 ~ Letters

It was always her doing the taking care of. And the last thing she wanted was to worry the Sand people for no reason.

"No, not at all." He reassured, smile still present as he closed the door on his way out.

"Thanks again!" She called out.

The Konoha Medic looked back down, opening the container to be met with the strong aroma of the Shichimi.

Just as she broke the chopsticks apart to start eating, her phone began vibrating on the table.

'Eh, it'll go off.' Sakura thought, watching her phone ring as she took a bite of her food- until it rang for a third time. With a groan, she walked over and picked it up.

•••••••••••

Back in Konoha~

Looking at his wife, laying comfortably on their beige couch after falling asleep while watching a movie together, he couldn't help but let out a sigh in contentment.

Quietly, careful not to wake up Hinata in the process, he slipped out of the door with a notebook in hand. It was late into the evening, but the streets of the village was lit up so brightly that it was almost hard to decipher it was night time.

Sat on a concrete bench, he took out the book he had brought, pulling off the cap from a pen with his mouth despite his now two working limbs.

Recalling the conversation he had over two hours ago with the only female of Team 7, he leaned back onto the hard bench.

The blonde couldn't deny that he was missing his friends. More so, Sasuke and Sakura, who seemed to be on their own little missions out of the village. Sure he was also busy, doing missions every so often, but nothing major or soul searching-like.

So after helping to put away the dishes from supper, he reached into his back pocket to retrieve a sleek black phone. With a mischievous face, he found Sakura's contact, and clicked call.

After some time of waiting, she didn't pick up. So of course, he called the second time. The impatient tapping of his foot against the hardwood floor didn't go unnoticed by the once Hyūga Heiress as she shot him a curious glance.

He mouthed 'Sakura-chan' back to her and she smiled at the mention of her friend, but it quickly turned to a frown as she saw the time.

"Will she not be sleeping now, Naruto-kun?"

He looked like he thought about it for a second, but then quickly brushed it off. "Eh. I wanna talk to her, she'll wake up."

On the third attempt he was met with her voice, very low and he could almost see her narrowing her eyes at him in annoyance. "Naruto?"

"Hiiiii!!!" His voice boomed.

"Is everything okay?" Sakura asked slightly worried at his sudden call.

"Oh yeah everything's good. How's things with you? How is the Sand? How is Gaara?" He questioned excitedly.

They spoke for longer than anticipated, sharing information about what was going on with and around them.

He pulled the phone away and pressed it against his chest quickly, "She says to tell you, 'hi"!" He conveyed to his wife before putting back to his ear.

After talking to the pinkette, he found himself sitting on a cold bench, writing a letter to the famous Uchiha. He didn't know how the whole hawk thing worked that well so he wasn't sure if it would even come this late at night or not.

His writing was messy, but he tried to jot down everything he remembered that happened over the while his raven friend was gone.

One point that he included was about what Sakura had told him. They had just been talking casually, and while comparing Sasuke's life, slipped in something she remembered about his old dream.

The blonde was surprised to hear of it for the first time, but smiled as he realized it made perfect sense and decided to tell the Uchiha about it.

If by luck, the reliable hawk had managed to make it's appearance at Naruto's behest. He rolled up the page he tore from his book, making sure to properly secure it onto the bird.

He watched as it flew away with the letter, unknowing to the push he was giving to the future of two individuals lives...

_______________________________

Hey guys!
Hope you're all good and safe. I'm sorry for the delays in the updates, I write whenever I get the chance to, but I'm pretty busy with studying now😭 Can someone please tell me how to balance my life because it's clearly a mess😂

Anyway, I just want to thank EVERYONE for reading and leaving such nice feedback 😭 I try to personally thank each one of you, but it's kinda hard so I'm sorry if I didn't!

Also, I'd love to know my readers better! So please write something about yourself, literally anything! in the comments section!

Thanks for reading :))

~LiEmerald
Posted 14 April 2020
1:11pm