Amelia smirked, of course they where going to stick up for him. After all they where his family and she was just Ada's friend. 

"Well somebody did in your family Polly and somebody owes me a new dress!" she seethed, pouring herself another cup of tea but this one time wishing it was something stronger.

"Look love we will get to the bottom of this but in the mean time please don't go storming in the Garrison" Pol glared "It's bad for business" 

---

Arthur was hiding out from Tommy and John, he was hiding in the back room of the Garrison trying to sink himself into a bottle of whiskey. After last night Tommy had left the Garrison and hadn't bothered to ask what this mess was all about but he knew it wouldn't be long before his brother found him.

"Arthur!" The front door of the Garrison opened as Tommy sauntered in, taking in the empty cold pub.

Arthur tried to sit up but his legs had gave out, the booze now sinking into him and controlling his limbs. "In ere' Tom" he called back, spilling the whiskey down his waist coat "Ah shit" he mumbled before taking another hefty swig.

"It's a bit early for that" Tommy mumbled before snatching the bottle from Arthur hands and slamming it on the desk in front of him. Arthur shrugged, it was never to early to drink.

"It's fucking five somewhere Tom" and he tried to get up again but failed.

Tommy pulled out a cigarette from his suit jacket an placed in in between his lips "You need to be straight with me Arthur, what the fuck have you done now?" and he pulled Arthur up by his shirt.

"I tried to help Tom, could see you watching her so I thought I would you know give her to ya?" and he knew that wasn't what Tommy wanted to hear. Slamming Arthur back into his chair he grabbed at the bottle of whiskey and took a swig. Feeling the burn down his throat he started to think.

"I don't fucking believe this. Arthur- look at me, I am not looking at her alright?" he blew his cigarette smoke at Arthur hoping for a reaction.

"Well maybe you should Tom. What harm could it do? your so fucking miserable and-"

"And I'm fine. Look I've got a meeting with Kimber. Can you keep yourself out of trouble for a few hours?" stubbing out his cigarette into the ash tray.

"I'll come with you Tom" but Tommy had already grabbed his peak and left the room, not caring to take Arthur with him. Arthur had done a bloody enough, if he wasn't Tommy's brother he would of had his face cut for all the trouble he had bought.

---

Polly was waiting for him when he got home, she had sat there nursing her whiskey going over and over what questions she wanted to ask. Tommy didn't like to give to much away and she knew the time limit she had on her burning questions.

Tommy slipped in at 2:30am with his cap down, shrugging off his jacket and taking a seat in front of her. Tired eyes let Polly know that this meant she had two less questions to ask. Tommy was just like his mother in that respect, inpatient and grizzly when tired.

"I'll cut the shit Tommy, what's this about you sending Jinx to batter Jack, Amelia's date?" Polly demanded while snatching a cigarette from his hands.

Tommy looked up then, expressionless and calm. If it wasn't for the slight clench of his jaw Polly would be certain he hadn't heard her at all.

"I didn't. Arthur did" he took a drag and blew it out, watching it cross the table over to her.

"Fucking Arthur!" she chuckled as she eyed Tommy. "Why?"

Tommy suddenly sat up straighter, looking for his exit and Polly knew there was something he wasn't telling her. Polly tried to grab at him but Tommy was already stood up.

"Don't worry about it Pol- I'll sort it. Good night"

---

A few days had passed and Amelia knew that she had to get out of the house.  The cut in her lip had healed enough and the bruising on her jaw was still there put painless. A few extra minutes in front of the mirror meant that it wasn't as visible anymore. It would simply have to do. Grabbing at her coat she headed out onto the street and on her way to the surgery. The street was alive with men going to work, women stood on the stoops watching them go. There was the usual smoke that came from the factories and the screaming children as they all rushed to school.

Amelia was soon rushing her way into the surgery in hopes she could bypass Jane and get to her office without a word.

"Oh Miss Crosswell! Your beautiful face" Jane cried as she rushed over to her, grabbing at her forearms "I heard all about what happened- if you ask me that Tommy Shelby had it coming!"

"Don't worry Jane, it's not as bad as it looks" and Amelia tried to smile but her jaw felt stiff everyone was bound to know what had happened in a place like this. Pulling away gently she patted Jane's arm. Pushing the door to her small office she felt a sense of relief as she could finally hide away in her work and try and forget the embarrassing events.

Amelia slipped her coat off and fluffed up her hair to free herself from the cold air. It was then, as she turned around did she find a large red box sat on her desk. It looked to be a dress box. A dress that had been made by one of her favorite designers back in London.

"Jane?" she called, waiting for the receptionist to come

"Yes?"

"Who left this here?"

Jane blushed then, looking over at the box "I'm not sure- it hasn't slipped by me . I've been here all mornin'"

Suddenly Amelia felt her safe bubble had been violated and rushed over to the box. Quickly pulling it open she found a beautiful green dress staring up at her. It was the dress she had worn the night of her date with Jack. This dress was new without the blood stains and it was perfectly her size. No note.

"That's beautiful" Jane breathed suddenly over her shoulder.

Scoffing Amelia picked up the box and headed to the front of the building "It's not beautiful Jane, it's a bloody mess" and without another word Amelia opened the surgery door and flung the box out into the street, narrowly missing a young man on his way to work.

"Send me next patient in please Jane"