Chapter 6: The start of the rest of our lives

Kitty's P.O.V 

We were now in Hinobi uniform. Following Phil, our manager, as he gives us a tour. "What about the exclusive swag, early release games and live events?" Five asked. "If you earn points you get the perks. And here is your lockers." Phil said as he drank coffee and pointed to our lockers with our names taped on it.

"Uh awesome." Five said. "I've got your awesome right here." Phil said as he pushed some buttons on a Hinobi controller. The lockers then moved upward and there popped up a blue glowing portal. Phil hops in first and then we follow right after. We are then warped into a whole new facility, which had many other glitch techs and gadgets. I giggle as I see Mitch mopping the floors. "Kids. Welcome to glitch techs." Phil said. We then go around the explore a bit.

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–

It was now towards the end of the day. I told Five to go on home with out me. I had some unfinished business. As I was leaning against the wall I hear the doors of the store open. I look over and it's Mitch. "What are you still doing here?" He asked. "Um, I was wondering if I could talk you somewhere." I asked. 

"Where?" He asked as he made his way to the Hinobi van. "It's a surprise." I said with a smile. He rolls his eyes and gestures me to follow. I smile as he agrees. I put my bike in the back of the  Hinobi van. Careful of the gadgets on the walls and then hop into the drivers seat. He sits in the passenger with his armed crossed.

"Could you close your eyes?" I ask. He groans, "Fine but only because I'm too exhausted from today's events to argue with you." He said as he covered his eyes. I pull up into a parking lot. "Now keep your eyes closed until I get back." I said. Leaving the van running for him, then grabbing his gauntlet bracelet. "Are you going to murder me or something and you need to prepare my grave where no one can find me?" He said sarcastically. I laugh and make my way Into...

"Welcome to Mama Miyamoto's spaghetti in a bucket, where we put spaghetti in a bucket." The girl said. Luckily it was just her and me at this late hour. "Hi, I would like two jumbos with two apple pies." I said. She gave me my order. I then blasted her with Mitch's system reboot flash on the gauntlet and make my way out do the store as she reboots. Getting away just in time before she even realized if there was a customer or not. I get back in the van and drive again, pulling up onto the now empty bridge (the one where Five challenged Casino).

"Can I open them?" He asked, irritated. "Haha I mean you could of before. But I'm glad you followed my instructions." I said. He opens then and I hold out one of the buckets to him. "Wh-what's this?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. I didn't say anything yet as I hopped out and sat on the hood. Patting the spot beside me. I sit crisscross and wait form him to hop up on beside me. "This is to say sorry, 1) for causing so much trouble for you today 2) for making you spill your pasta and 3) for crushing you twice today. I hope I didn't hurt you." I said with a small smile as I ate some spaghetti and looked out on the water, seeing the sun set on the horizon. 

Mitch's P.O.V

I look at this girl in shock. All day I've been nothing but be rude to her, her brother and friend, I physically hurt her, and yet she's still nice to me. I look at the purple bandage wrap she had on her wrist to keep from moving it too much. Feeling a bit of guilt in my gut. "I-um thank you...." I said as I ate some spaghetti. She smiles and looks off into the distance as the sun was setting.

I then took a deep breath. "Look, I don't apologize that often-." I started but she interrupted. "Yeah no kidding." She said with a giggle. I felt my heart stop at the sound of her giggle, ugh! What's wrong with me?! "Shut up and let me finish. I wanted to say I'm s-...sorry for what I said to you. You're honestly not that heavy and I was at the time too frustrated to even try and lift you up." I said looking away from her. "...And you're not that bad of a player." I finished.

"What can I say, I'm quite the competition." She said with a wink. Then it clicked, she remembered the kiss I gave her. "Ugh boosh! You remembered that didn't you?" I said as I put my palms over my eyes. "Hehe yeah. Gotta say it made my day." She said. Obviously trying to suppress her emotions, fighting the urge to fan girl. "Look! Don't tell anyone ok!?" I said as I ate more pasta. "Well I accidentally yelled it to Miko and Five when having an epiphany. But don't worry. They wouldn't tell anyone." She said. Looking down and played with her pasta.

Kitty's P.O.V

I was kinda saddened he didn't want to discuss the kiss anymore, and the fact that he sounds ashamed of it. But there's not much I can do about it. All I am to him is an annoying fan girl noob who now works with him. 'I'm lucky to even be in the peripheral area of him, were literally about a foot away from each other. Eating pasta in the vehicle. I doubt he would like me the way I like him, if anything I don't think he tolerates me all that well.-' I thought to myself.

"Hey, are you alive over there? You're quiet. I can't even tell if your breathing." Mitch said, cutting off my thoughts. I blush and shake my head. "I-um. Yeah I'm good. Just..deep in thought. O-oh! Look at the time I, um, I better go." I said as I closed the lid on my half eaten pasta. I get out the car and throw the tub away. Mitch looked like he wanted to say something but I felt too embarrassed to even bother staying any longer.

"Y-you can have my apple pie! I'll see you at work." I say quickly as I take my bike out and ride off to home. Wanting to get out of this awkward situation,...and to fan girl when I get home. Trying my best to focus on staying steady on my bike before I fall off.

Mitch's P.O.V

I was speechless. "Why did she leave so quickly?" I asked myself. Was it something I said? I finish my pasta and began to eat the apple pies on my way home, I then see on the middle console of the van was Kit's Nobi wrist band. I didn't realized I was smiling a bit looking at it. I grunt and fix my face, 'casually' putting the wrist band on my keychain lanyard. 

END: Episode 1