Chapter 1: Background

Silvers and Reds are like fire and ice. They do not get along: never have and never will. The silvers believe themselves to be above the reds because of their god-like abilities. They have ruled over the red for generations, always showing their strength through the conscription of reds to fight against the Lakelanders. They believe that reds are born to serve those of higher authority like the silvers.

King Tiberias Calore the VI and Queen Elara Merandus rule over the silver empire, Norta, and their red servants. Prince Tiberias Calore the VII is next in line to take the throne from his father and his younger siblings, Maven and Rosalie. They are the prince and princess of the kingdom. As the princes grew older, Maven was always seen shadowing his older brother Cal around the palace; however, the princess, Rosalie, spent her days spending time with her father and his generals looking over battle strategies after etiquette class when she turned 12 years old.

At the young age of 15, her father sent her out to the war fronts with his best generals and lieutenants. The next year, she was promoted to the rank of General. Now, she is 18 and she has her own unit of soldiers that she commands and has done countless attacks across enemy lines, helping to push through onto the Lakelander's territory. Her training is harsh, and her treatment of the red soldiers is even worse. She expects nothing but perfection in all soldiers she fights with. She despises new recruits and will watch their training to find new members for her squad of elite soldiers. Amongst her fellow generals, she is highly praised because of her valor and skill both on and off the battle front.

Every year she comes home for her older brothers' birthdays, which include her own since her and Maven are twins, for 5 days. Rosalie is one of the most respected generals in the army. While she is at home, she likes to spend it with her brothers, her parents, and her best friends Atari (Viper) and Evangeline (Samos). She used to have a crush on a certain Samos boy, but hasn't seen him in 3 years so she is unsure of her present feelings. She is coming home to support her brother Cal and the tradition of Queenstrial. Rosalie is special. She was blessed to have the majority of both of her parent's abilities: control over mind and flame. She was a new and better type of Silver: a god-blood.