Part 21

We had two beautiful healthy babies that looked just like there daddy and the only difference was they were more of a caramel complexion. I never understood that, women do all the work and in the end they come out looking like they daddy like damn can I get the nose or something. Our first born Alejandro Romeo was a quiet but greedy one. I wasn't sure if I would be able to produce enough milk to satisfy his hunger and his baby sister. We had decided to name her Alissa Roze, she was quiet until a nurse that wasn't our regular one tried to help me with her and she immediately showed her distaste for other people. Our regular nurse was sweet and she told me to call her Ms. June or Mama J. She was a lot of help and I was so worried because I have no parental figure to help me with this type of stuff but she showed me how to breast freed them and taught me little tricks for when they both got fussy from hunger. She also made it clear that "we better not be holding them when they are sleep or we are going to be in trouble." After she walked out the first time from helping me I cried. I've never had someone care or help me in that way. No one to teach me how to be a woman let alone raise a child. She was a godsend and she had given me her number so that I could call her anytime I needed help. I was getting discharged today and Marco had ran to get another car seat that matched the one I already had yesterday when we told him it was twins. We were strapping them in and he was going to meet us at the front with the car.
"Alright we are ready to walk y'all down."
Walking to the elevator on the ride down Ms. June turns to us and starts speaking
"Kennedi sweetie don't be no stranger Ms. June got your back. You call me whenever you need to. And Brian hunny you keep taking care of her and them babies." This lady was seriously the best, smiling at her we all walked out of the elevator with the other nurse that was helping us.

"Oh, hey handsome I see you came back for me, decided to ditch the fat cow."
Nodding towards her boss he walks up about to fire that same slutty nurse from when I came in. Hearing him fire her was satisfying but hearing mama J rip into her was even more amazing.
"Now you know that girl ain't fat, hell a blind man could see that and if she was she would still be more beautiful than you. God don't like ugly so you need to fix the inside cause that's why you single. Hating for no reason you see that boy in love and got two beautiful ass babies. Now learn how to mind the business that keeps ya." Spoken like a true boss mama j gotta show me how to keep it classy.

We've been home for three weeks and I've finally convinced Brian to go back to work. I love him but he has been getting on my nerves. He's scared I'm going to hurt myself and although I appreciate it I need my space. Honestly I think the babies did too, they had been getting fussy whenever he was in the room too long. I think they felt the stress and nerves rolling off of him. Even Marco and Stacey told him he needed to go back to work. Ms. June had been over to see the kids and check up on them and she told me why she was so nice to me.
Flashback
"Sweetie can I tell you something you remind me of my baby. I can always see when a woman has been through a struggle it shows in her eyes. Wether she knows it or not you can always tell when somebody has been though some stuff. My daughter was about age when she meet this drug dealer I told her he was no good but it went in one ear and out the other. He had started beating on her and one day I guess she had had enough, she called me and told me she was going to leave him cause she couldn't take it no more. She had told me she had sent me a letter in the mail of where she was going. In that letter she said he had got some other woman pregnant and wanted her to raise the baby. She asked me if he loved her then why would he do that and that she couldn't look at this baby that he had made with someone else anymore. So she was going to Colorado a place he would never look. Two days after I got that letter someone knocked on my door saying she was dead he said he was a detective but they wouldn't let me see her body. What kinda person cremates someone without letting the family identify the body."
Flashback over
My kids and I were the family that had got taken away from her. I felt a connection to mama j before she even told me her story but after that I knew god had sent her into my life. I love the family I have with Brian, Marco and Stacey but I needed a mother figure. With them I was the mother but now I have mama j who I felt this instant connection to. Things were going to be okay. Well at least I hope.