LALISA
I will junglebook

"Who are you texting?" A voice from behind her suddenly asked. Surprised, Lalisa immediately closed her phone and put it inside her bag. That was close.

"Hey, don't scare me like that." She told her manager, who was now shrugging, "That was Jennie. She told me we'd have dinner at the new fried chicken place tonight." The lies rolled off her tongue easily that she felt bad. I'm sorry.

"You keep on smiling at your phone, you look like Annabelle."

She snorted, "Whatever. Do I have any schedules tonight?"

The guy tilted his head, "No, I don't think so. You're free as a bird."

"Thank goodness." Lisa's eyebrows scrunched, "Say, did CEO Yang give a feedback to that song Jisoo submitted last month? We were anticipating for a reply but we got nothing."

Lisa caught Jisoo listening to an unknown song in her phone two months ago. Curious, she had played it when Jisoo wasn't in the room and discovered that she'd made it herself. Dumbfounded because of how good it was, she encouraged her member to send it to the CEO so he could give her a feedback - and she did, with nags from Jennie, of course.

"Sadly, no. CEO Yang would probably never hear it."

She turned fully to him, "What? What do you mean he'll never hear it? Isn't he in his office all the time?"

Bo Kyung sighed, "I forgot to inform you."

"Inform me of what?"

"There has been a change in the company. CEO Yang and his brother have been kicked out of YG due to a scandal and a new CEO has been appointed."

Lisa raised her brows. How did I not know this? She thought, Oh, right. I was busy with Jeongguk, "And you're telling me this now?"

"I thought you knew even if I didn't tell you. It was all over the news."

"When did it happen?"

"Just a few days ago," He leaned back in his seat, "You were busy touring, after all. I couldn't blame you."

"So... when will we be meeting the new CEO? Is he from the company as well?"

"It's not a he, it's a she."

Flabbergasted was an understatement for what she felt.

The new CEO is a woman? Lisa suddenly felt hopeful. If she was a woman, that could mean no more misogynistic behaviour from the company and BLACKPINK would have more comebacks - just like what they wished for.

Well, that is, if the CEO cared.

"That's... new." She muttered, "Did you meet her already?"

"Not yet." He stood up, "Soon though, at next month's meeting. Now, get up and let's board the plane. Wouldn't want to be late for your fried chicken dinner, would you?"

Lisa rolled her eyes and followed, checking her bag for her boarding pass, and left.

▪️

Yoongi kept on giving him weird looks as he worked in the kitchen.

Jeongguk couldn't blame him, after all, since he barely cooks and if he does, that means he's up to something - and he was.

Lalisa was going to eat dinner here tonight and he had to impress her, that's why his hyungs were now making sure the entire apartment was spotless - Jimin and Taehyung mopping the floors, Hoseok vacuuming the dirt on the couches, Namjoon rearranging the shoe rack, and Yoongi and Jin helping him cook.