Chapter 17 {Rivalry For Love}

Start from the beginning

That comment created silence as Sartorius and Atticus felt awkward. While Jaden and Chazz were clueless about this negative atmosphere between Aster and Jesse.

"Jesse, do you know Bella?" Jaden asked.

"Yeah, Atticus and Alexis's cousin. I have talked to her multiple times. She's a kind, understanding, and trustworthy friend." Jesse said emphasizing the word friend which tick off Aster.

"So, you hang out in the cafe just to see her?" Chazz asked.

"Yeah, it's easier this way. Bella is a busy woman." Jesse said keep staring at Aster.

"Yup, she sure is. I'm glad she's opening up her social life. Maybe, I should bring her to our friend circle." Jaden said.

"If you're going to invite Bella, you have to bring Alexis or her friends Jay. It might make some of us feel uncomfortable." Jesse said it made Aster fed up.

"Throwing someone under the bus, I didn't expect you to throw shade to one of your friends, Jesse." Aster said with an attitude.

"I didn't say names from anyone in this room." Jesse said.

"Then don't beat around the bush. If you have something to say, then say it." Aster said coldly.

"You don't have to be aggressive but it's probably hard for you to control it." Jesse said getting irritated by Aster's attitude towards him.

"You really want to start with me?" Aster asked raising his voice.

"You were rubbing it in on purpose." Jesse said as the others were concerned and thinking a fight is about to go down.

"I wasn't, Jaden asked the question and I answered it. You were no different with your answers." Aster said angrily.

"You didn't have to make it so obvious. Sure you talk to Bella privately but I have my fair share of having a conversation with her." Jesse said crossing his arms.

"Oh please, you don't know her well like I do. You don't even know the things I did for her." Aster said as Jesse rolled his eyes.

"So arguing about lying and talking to a guy is a good enough reason to yell at her." Jesse said as it angered Aster.

"That's none of your business Jesse." Aster said slamming the table.

"It is when I'm the reason why you and Bella fought yesterday." Jesse said as the others kept quiet.

"It wouldn't happen if you didn't flirt with her." Aster said.

"At least Bella enjoys talking to me to the point that she gave me her number." Jesse said it surprised everyone.

"What?!" Chazz and Jaden yelled in unison.

"Oh no." Atticus said as he facepalms himself.

"Repeat that." Aster said clench his fists.

"Aster try not to los..." Sartorius was to calm his best friend down but it was interrupted by Jesse.

"Bella gave me her number." Jesse said confidently.

"Hold up, hold up, hold up, Jesse you're telling me that you have the maid's number who is the same girl that Aster was trying to hook up?" Chazz asked.

"Yes." Jesse said.

"Hahaha! That's freaking priceless!" Chazz burst out laughing.

"Jesse can you confirm that you have Bella's phone number." Sartorius asked as Jesse took out his phone.

"You must be buffing." Aster said thinking that Jesse is pressing his buttons.

"That's her numbers but if you don't believe me asked Atticus or Jaden." Jesse said as the other turned to them.