Chapter 6: Kyria

"Kyria."

That voice from behind was a voice that she knew too well. Kyria knew exactly who the voice belonged to even without having to ask. After retreating into the regular and starting over again as a student, Kyria never imagined that she would be the one who came looking.

Turning around with a wry smile Kyria's own peculiar sea coloured met with glittering turquoise jewels. "Damascus Morgernsten." Kyria closed her eyes for a moment, giving a small sigh as she collected herself. When they opened, the sea coloured orbs were bright and shrewd once again.

"That's the Kyria I know. And hello, I'm glad you remembered me." Damascus gave a small smile of her own. It had been almost eight years since Damascus had last seen her. "You haven't changed one bit."

"I can say the same for you," said Kyria, her tone going from coy to curt. "Let's do away with the formalities and small talk Danny. You want something from me. That's why you're breaking the deal we had."

Damascus retained her small smile despite Kyria's business-like tone. "Its your brother. Kyrien," causing Kyria to raise an eyebrow to signal for a further explanation. "He's with La Cruz now. And we all know what La Cruz is like around all speed core users. That man will obliterate your brother even if he's had my help in activating it."

It took a moment or two for Kyria to wrap her head around the information that she had been presented with. Damascus was saying that Kyrien is a Gaia user. And more specifically, he was a speed core compatible. She frowned. "You're telling me that you and Isaiah know that my brother is a Gaia user but me, his sister, knows nothing about it?"

Damascus fiddled with her hair. She could sense that Kyria was almost angry now and it made her skin crawl slightly. "They're probably in the middle of an engagement now. I heard that Isaiah promised your brother a position as his vanguard if he won. Though we all know that he's no match for the Tempest King. Their cores are not even on par to begin with. You of all people should know that." She was watching Kyria carefully for her reaction.

Kyria bit her lip, in an effort to control her rising anger and confusion. It was true that she knew nothing about Kyrien and where he went. By the time she was home, he would be asleep and he would still be asleep when she was ready to leave home. It was then that Kyria realised she barely knew Kyrien. All she was doing was earning enough to help them keep up with expenses and immersing herself in her studies all day. She could barely even recall the last time they sat down and had a real meal together, a meal that hosted a proper conversation.

"Kyrien's not going to make it. Isaiah is only doing this to get back at me." Kyria got out of her seat, pulling on her coat and boots. "Damascus, you're going to take me there. Now."

Damascus gave a satisfied smirk and curtseyed. "As you wish milady."

___

Kyrien took a second to gather his wits before the whole weight of Isaiah slammed into him. The blonde male was fast but Kyrien was able to keep with his him blow for blow. The surroundings became a blur to Kyrien and all he could hear was the pounding his heart in his ears. They were matched evenly now.

"You don't know who you're up against, kid." Kyrien caught a glimpse of a smirk on the blonde's face before Isaiah broke the deadlock that they were in.

It was only then that Kyrien realised how hard he was panting and Isaiah was barely breaking a sweat. He was almost in disbelief now. A whistling sound started up, followed by a sudden increment in the magnitude of the breeze around them. There was a crackling sound now, almost like static coming from Isaiah. Little wisps of lightning have stared to collect around both his fists and a crown-shaped halo of the same lightning forming around his head.