Chapter 10: Fear

Asura had no idea that Zerah had been an ex-bearer of the Hades Regalia. That particular Regalia had been missing for almost a decade now and no one has documented its sighting since then. If information was the key to discovering the bearers of all the Regalia, he would certainly have everything. Key had the most extensive database on all the users and there was nothing that eluded his 'Archives'.

"I told you that you knew nothing about me. But I don't blame you, there are only few who know about this. After all, there are only so few of us that can house a Regalia like the Hades." Zerah smirked.

The Hades Regalia like that Astra Regalia were the most elusive and difficult to house out of all the Regalia.

"To extract a Regalia out of a living host is an excruciating process and most people don't survive it." Asura was shielding himself from the growing intensity of Zerah's flames now. "That’s how the Nix destroys Gaia users - by ripping their cores out."

"I know that but I was blessed. I'm one of them." Zerah lunged forward, a whip of flame igniting in her hand.

Asura dodged with ease but the heat from the near missed caused the cloth of his shirt to go up in flames. He gave a little yelp and quickly tapped the flame out. He was weaponless now and it took a while for him to recharge, but knowing the habits of Zerah according to Key's information, she was not going to let him off that easily.

Each time she lashed out her whip of fire, he barely managed to dodge. It was not long before Asura felt the power from his Regalia start to flow back into him and the ring of ancient words starts to solidify around him. Once they were fully visible and pulsating with a bright red glow, he knew that it was time for him to strike back.

With a triumphant grin, Asura concentrated his power into the first ring of words, causing them to ignite with a dark flame. "Witness the power of the Empyreal Regalia, Jupiter's Moons." He lashed out at Zerah who stood her ground, a smug look plastered upon her face.

"You’re too young for this, kid. I had my Regalia even before you started to dabble in Gaia science." Zerah concentrated the power and heat in her fists and each exploded in flames that started to shape themselves into wolf heads - ferocious and snarling as loud as thunder. "Rumble Fists." Zerah rushed forward, the flames now concentrated at her feet propelled her forward with increased speed and as she struck her fist out to meet Asura's dark ring of flame, it bit through it and the second head consumed the unholy flame whole, changing its colour.

Asura stood there for a moment in shock, unable to comprehend Zerah's abilities. He had read her completely wrong from the start.

"Let me tell you something kid, whoever bears the Hades Regalia will have this technique too. And he or she, will be able to utilise its potential far greater than I can." Zerah powered down the flames a little. She wanted a clear view of Asura. "And I'll tell you a little secret. If you'll answer a simple question."

"Why don’t you tell me the secret first?" Asura was wary of her. Zerah in her younger days had quite the reputation for going back on her words.

The female gave a small laugh and nodded her head. "Fine, I'll tell you."