Chapter 16: The Law

Kyrien had not gone far before he found himself being ambushed by two individuals. One tall and broad shouldered with red hair, the other of a smaller and effeminate build, fair haired. Both of them male.

"Kyrien Shira, is it?" The redhead spoke up, his voice a deep rumble. His eyes were almost cat-like and glittered in the semi-darkness of the streets.

"Who's asking?" Kyrien felt his heart start to race and his nerves suddenly fired up. The quiet ticking of his Regalia felt like a throb just under his skin as if it were rearing to go.

"It's him alright." The other male spoke up as if he did not hear Kyrien's question. "They have the same eyes. The same unreal green."

Kyrien took a step back, every muscle in his body screaming for him to run. But there was something else that kept him rooted to his spot. A small burning urge for battle.

"Engage your Regalia." The redhead spoke as a wind began to kick up around them, before this the night had been still. He knew what was about to come later was not something that he was going to like.

"What's this about?" Kyrien asked, swallowing, trying to clear the lump that was forming in his throat. He had no idea how to properly use his Regalia, he had not even had the chance to have it manifest. There was no way he was going to be able to engage it even if he wanted to because he simply had no idea how to.

"Engage your Regalia or I will forcefully take it from you. It is my right." The redhead spoke again. "The Freedom Regalia is my right as a champion."

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Kyrien was confused now. There was still so much that he did not know and understand when it came to the world of Gaia. Perhaps he should have never stepped foot into this world.

The fair haired male smirked and as soon as the air was still again it was suddenly charged with power as the ground shook and a seal of sorts ignited at his feet. At the back of Kyrien's mind, he found the symbol to be familiar. There was something about it that called to him, a force that pulled against his Regalia as if the Freedom was attempting to break out of its mortal shell. The power swirled just beneath his skin, as if looking for some way to escape. Kyrian could feel it, like a frustrated animal pacing its cage. But he had no idea how to let it out.

"Tiberius!" A voice thundered to his left in the direction of the fair haired male and Kyrien recognised that blonde mane immediately but he was not alone. Isaiah was accompanied by a dark haired male who had electrifying blue eyes and a small petite female who was on her radio, or at least that was what he could make out.