Chapter 12: Severide

The flaming wolf heads began to grow smaller and soon vanished into wisps of smoke. Zerah powered down her core when she saw Asura turn his heel and ran. But the Firestorm leader knew that the other male was not going to be as forgiving as she was.

Part of her held some pity for Asura. She had heard tales of him being a great and talented Gaia user who would one day grow to be amongst the ranks of Kings should he be able to pass the trials that the Alliance conducted. Zerah knew that no one would turn to an external source to obtain power. Especially if they understood the potential threat of becoming a Nyx.

Turning her attention to the Basilisk member, she regarded him for a moment with wary eyes. This technique that he was using would require a great deal of aura concentrated within him and expelled outwards with great precision and control. Throughout the five years that she had been training as a King class fighter, she had never even come close to achieving the first step.

But he executed the technique with relative ease. The aspect that surprised her the most was that he had been able to cloak the flames, taming it into a mist-like form that protected him.

The male cast his glowing gaze onto the fleeing Asura. Just as they narrowed, a ring of blue flames blazed to life, enclosing the four of them. "No one is getting out of here until I get to the bottom of this." He said.

Asura came to a violent halt as the flames blazed barely an inch away from his face. The heat from the flames singed stray hairs filling his nostrils with the scent of burning human matter for a moment.

The wall of flames were almost seven feet high and they barely flickered. Slowly, Asura turned to face the male.

"Who are you?" Asura held his voice steady even though he felt otherwise.

A small smirk curled the male's lip at Asura's question. "Wouldn’t you like to know?"

But it was Zerah who spoke next. "I would like to know why Basilisk is here. Especially when it revolves the Regalia. We had a treaty."

As the male turned to face her, Zerah forced herself to meet his chilly blue gaze.

"I was sent here by the Stardust Queen. I believe that should be enough of an explanation. The word of the Queen is absolute." He replied coolly. "Treaty or not, I obey the Queen."

Zerah paused for a moment when he mentioned the Stardust Queen. That was something new. There had been no word on her return, not that she knew of. Zerah was suspicious. "The Stardust Queen has retired her title a long time ago. We all know that Kyria Shira is busy tending to the needs of her brother."

The smirk deepened. "She has returned as of 2243 hours last night. The message will be ready for dissemination once Morgenstern approves it. I believe it won't be long now."

"Now, back to the answer I owe this young gentleman here." He turned to face Asura who visibly bristled with fear. "My name is Severide D'Ciel. Leader of Basilisk. As you probably already know, bearer of the Hades Regalia."

The whisper that escaped her lips was barely audible over the crackling of the flames around them, "The Demon King."

"Yes, I believe that's what they call me behind my back." A small smirk quirked Severide's lips in response to Zerah's little whisper but the male kept his attention on Asura.

"I don't care what kind of Regalia you hold." Asura spat. "The Regalia are all equal in power."

Severide's smirk deepened as he gave a small nod. "Let's put it to the test then. The Gaia way."

Asura took a moment to consider the proposition before agreeing, returning Asura's nod. "Since we are both Regalia bearers, we'll do the King class format of Zero."

"You are crazy!" Zerah snapped at Asura. "You won't be able to hit Zero with that Regalia."

"Shut up!" Asura screamed. "You don't know anything me or the Regalia!"

"I'm trying to save your life! Going to Zero with a real Regalia is going to end up with you dead!" Zerah felt her frustration peak. Basilisk was not to take the Zero challenge lightly. If anything, their choice of battle would be Zero. "If you go through with Zero, you'll lose. Even the best of us struggle with this battle format."

Asura ignored Zerah's plea. Clenching both fists, he brought his arms across his chest and thumped his fist twice against his flesh. Zerah gave an angry snarl from behind them. Severide flashed Asura a nasty grin and returned the gesture.

The gesture of Zero had been passed, the deal made and now, the fight begins.

___________________________________________________________________

I'm really sorry for the short chapter update but I wanted to have some time to craft out the Zero scene. Many of you may be wondering what Zero actually is, I would like to hear a few suggestions if you have one! Leave them in the comment box and I might just pick up one of your suggestions and incorporate it!

I've been waiting to write about Severide for a while now so I'm pretty excited. What do you think about him? As you already know, he's Kyria's boyfriend - quite the contrast don't you think?

Alright, I hope you enjoyed the small update! Do spare a vote for it if you liked it!

___________________________________________________________________