1

We live together in an apartment. In reality, I work there.

The phone rings. It's her dad. The call is about Dr. Devi Shetty visiting his office, after work in the evening. She gets invited for a meet and greet. She is a huge fan of the man. I can see the excitement in her eyes. She can't wait.

The office is located atop a building, which is just a couple of minutes walk, down Lavelle Road. We reach the office quickly. I'm not in the mood to indulge, so I decide to hang back while she finishes her meeting. She goes in.

The building has a parapet jutting out, which itself is a make-shift office. It looks like a government office. I stand there for a bit observing the chaos. I get restless and decide to take a walk. I start walking aimlessly. I walk past Biere Club, and further up the road towards Shanti Nagar. I reach the end of the road.

Some time has passed. I notice her far away, walking up the road towards me. She is in a white wedding gown. A few meters away from me, I see a man... dressed sharply in black, stepping out of his car. He walks up, stops beside me and readies his sniper rifle. He points it at her. I'm too late to react. He fires. Within moments, her white gown has turned red. She is shot... in her left chest. She collapses. I stand there frozen.