𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙾𝚗𝚎

Part One: Svetlana Romanova

1944. Lviv, Ukraine.

My eyes popped open, green eyes staring around the disgusting inside of the truck my parent and I were hiding in the back of. We'd made it as far as Lviv in Ukraine the last time I'd checked. Mama and I were originally from St. Petersburg in Russia, but we'd fled Russia due to Stalin's reign of terror on our poor country.

Our best chance was Poland. Under Nazi rule, we stood a better chance than being under Stalin's rule. The bumps in road made it harder. Mama held me closer, as my green eyes peered out, looking onto the horizon. I only hid myself again when the truck neared the border.

Mama laid a gentle kiss on my forehead as the curtain to the back of the truck was yanked open and my Mother crept out of hiding. I tried protesting but no sounds left my mouth. I watched as they yanked her out of the truck and in front of the border guards.

3rd Person

"Where is she? Where is the girl?" the first guard hissed, as Anastasia huffed, standing her ground.

"I'll never tell you" Anastasia growled, having no plans to share her daughter's whereabouts.

The second security guard cocked his gun, aiming at Anastasia's head. The Russian woman gulped, her red locks flowed down her shoulders and back. Green eyes stared at the second guard's gun aimed at her in fear.

"I'll give your daughter three seconds to come out, or you die!" the second guard seethed.

"DON'T COME OUT, WHAT EVER HAPPENS! DON'T!" Anastasia screamed.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!".

A loud gunshot rang out in the border of Ukraine to Poland. A thud hit the ground as Anastasia Romanova fell dead to the floor. A crimson hole lay in the dead center of her forehead, scarlet liquid seeping from the bullet wound. This made Svetlana Romanova, who was watching through the gap in the truck's wooden planks scream out in anger and pain.

Svetlana stumbled out of the truck and ran to her mother's dead body, placing Anastasia's head on her lap. Tears violently escaped her eyes, as her bottom lip trembled. Anger surged through her body as the 7 year old girl screamed once more, her head cocking up to the sky, as pure white energy flooded into her body like a hurricane.

The child's green eyes flooded a deadly white, as her body began to float off the ground several inches. Svetlana's skin was an ever paler white, making it seem like her ragged brown cardigan hung off her body more, the same with a grey shirt and green shirt, along with her muddy brown boots.

Her arms outstretched as Svetlana screamed more, the white energy conversing out of her hands as the guards' hands flung to their ears, trying to block out the high pitched noises in their heads. Suddenly, the second guard's gun flew into Svetlana's hand, as she shot them both dead, before collapsing to the floor.

Her hair spread across the cement road, her skin back to it's normal tone and eyes were their normal emerald green. Svetlana panted for air, energy deprived. What was she?