Chapter 16 : Most Dreadful Time Of The Month

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure it's ketchup? It doesn't smell like it." Jungkook grimaces, and this time I choked on my saliva. 

I gave a nervous laugh, "Yes it is. I usually make a mess when I eat with ketchup. Don't worry, I'll clean it up. You can go and wash the dishes." I pushed him forcibly inside the kitchen while I grab another piece of wet cloth to clean up my mess.

I am mentally scolding myself the moment I came wiping the blood on the chair. No wonder why I am feeling ecstatic and tremendously hungry at six in the morning. After cleaning up, I made sure I disposed of the cloth properly outside. 

Hearing that there are still dishes clanking from the kitchen, I went inside my room and looked into the mirror with my back facing it. It's a nice save that I wore black baggy pants last night, it made the blood unrecognizable. I dig inside my bag to find some sanitary napkins or even tampons but I have none. 

"Damn it." I hissed at myself. 

I grabbed the keys of our house and went out. "Jungkook! I'm just gonna buy something outside!" I said in a volume enough for him to hear from the living room. Later on, he appears at the doorway of the kitchen and looks at me. I quickly hid the keys behind me.

"Are you sure you can?" He asks while looking at my ankle. Is that worry I hear from his voice?

"Yep." I answered, popping the 'p' at the end. I still can't get rid of my walking boot, but I do feel better now than before. "I can run now, I'm fine." I smiled widely, which should probably creep him out.

"Okay." He said and went back inside the kitchen. I hurriedly made my way out of the Jeon's house and sneaked my way through ours. 

After locking the front door, I climbed upstairs with difficulty. I rolled my eyes as I remember about my almost broken ankle. I stay at the guest room on the first floor of the Jeon's house and Jungkook rarely asks me to go to his room to grab something, that's why I'm not used to stairs for now.

The moment I reached my room, I dug inside my cabinet and drawers but I can't find a single sanitary napkin. Squealing, I cleaned myself inside the bathroom and went out of the house to just buy from the convenience stores or any drug stores. 

The nearest one from our house is 7-Eleven, and I made my way there.  

As soon as my eyes laid on a pack of sanitary pads I snatched it and placed it on my grocery basket and filed in the line of the cashier. But as I looked forward, I noticed someone familiar. 

Taehyung, he mans the cashier. How many jobs does he have? 

Scratching my head in annoyance I secretly placed the pack of pads on the basket of the old lady in front of me. I watched her check out her goods to make sure that she also paid for my sanitary pads. After she was done, I followed the old lady outside and stopped her. 

"Excuse me, may I buy the sanitary pads that you just bought?" I asked politely. "I just really need them." 

"Why don't you buy your own inside young lady?" She asked back, I gulped when she noticed that I'm not a boy. 

"Please, I really need it... while you won't, you've reached the menopausal stage, right?" It was a wrong question, the look on her face tells that I made her angry. I was about to just go inside the store again but then she laughs. The old lady laughed.

"You're a funny girl." She continues to giggle while she searches her paper bag for the pack of sanitary napkins. "Here, take it." She hands me the pack.

"Thank you so much!" I grabbed my money from my pockets, but the old lady stopped me. 

"Just take it, change and clean up." She gives me a warm smile and I suddenly miss my grandma. I gave her a warm hug in exchange before saying 'Thank you' once more.

I ran towards the nearest comfort room I can find and immediately used a pad. 

=====

As I walk back to the Jeon's house with relief, I carefully looked around my surroundings if ever someone who knows me as Deonne sees me holding a huge pack of pads. Once I reached my destination, I didn't go straight to the front door, instead, I went in front of the window of the guest room. I always open one window from my room, and I throw the pack inside through it.

I went back to the front door as I enter inside and I saw Jungkook watching Spongebob on television. "Hey you're back, what do you got?" He asks and looks at me.

"Uhm, I searched for Dried Seaweeds and Banana Milk but I can't find one in 7-Eleven." I acted disappointed.

"Why didn't you say so? I have dozens inside my room. Wait here, I'm gonna get them." I nod at him with a fake smile. Once he got upstairs I sat on the couch and heaved a deep sigh.

i am so productive today (triple update) and im proud of myself, im gonna reward myself with a banana milk too!
hope y'all are enjoying this story! ♡