◇~27~◇

Dont trust Simmons

Dont trust Simmons

It felt like those words were on repeat in my skull. It was awkward how I stood there and just watched the door nob but it felt like every time I touched it, it burned my hand off. Of course it wasnt really burning, it was like my mind was warning me about that room.

I cant go in it.

The door swinging open made me jump back and inside was another agent. I've seen him a few times since he was high up in the business but never really got to meet him.

"Oh.. um sorry agent...?" He looked at me with a puzzled face.

"Agent L/N. Were you just talking to Simmons?" As much as I wanted to know him I needed to know what Simmons was doing.

"I was yeah. Just got a mission is all,"

"A mission, ok cool. What are you going to do? If you dont mind me asking. "

"I'm supposed to kill a traitor who stole Jake away. Nothing too interesting."

"Who's the traitor?"

"Agent Sherry Birkin,"

"Ok... good luck.." I cant let him get to Sherry. If she 'stole' Jake then she must believe Simmons is up to something.

The agent nodded and walked passed me. In the corner of my eye I could see Simmons sitting comfortably in his office chair watching me until the door shut. I have to get to Sherry before that agent does.

I start moving forward knowing that if I dont succeed all of these agents around me would be out for my head. There was a chopper just outside. I'm sure it was for someone else's mission but I'm about to be wanted anyway.

I raced up and jumped onto the chopper. There wasn't anyone else on board so I felt lucky. A part of training to be an agent included extensive training on how to drive anything and everything so getting the copper into the sky was not an issue for me.

The second I got up into the sky i threw my phone out the window knowing they could track me on it. Though it hurt to see it go there were more important things to worry about.

I checked the coordinates on the other chopper that the agent was supposed to get in before turning off the coordinates for the chopper I was in.

~Time Skip~

After a while of flying I could see the other chopper far in the distance. I was in an allied chopper so they shouldn't get too paranoid to where they shoot me down.

I followed behind them for a little while before I got a call.

"This is agent 142 going out, who are you? Over."

I panicked a little when the voice came through but I had to respond.

"This is agent 340, I was sent to extract 142 after the mission. I am going to the location just in case something goes wrong. Over," The words leaving my mouth felt right until I realized I might have just messed up. What if they were there for extraction as well?

"Ok, we will be there shortly. Over," I was relieved but thoughts of anxiety clouded my mind thinking if they were just saying that and had plans to shoot me. Theres not much else I could do now but move forward.

~Time Skip~

The chopper ahead of me slowed down and I followed their movements until it was landed on the ground. I landed down the street from where it was.

I could hear gunshots in the distance and hoped that it wasnt Simmons men succeeding in their missions. The gunshots seemed to die down and my heart started to race. Sprinting forward I could only see flashes of what could happen if im not there in time. The tall buildings seemed to cave in on me but I continued forward. I will not let Sherry die. Not now.

I came up to the final building, I know someone is just around the corner. I just dont know who.

I turned around the corner in a sprint to see Sherry and Jake standing over dead J'avo. "Sherry, thank God." I put my hand over my chest and put my other hand on my knee while I took a breather.

"Y/N...? What are you doing here?" Sherry took a step closer to me. I looked up at her with a smile before noticing movement in the corner of my eye.

"Sherry!"

I ran forward and grabbed Sherrys shoulders to twist us around. Gunshots went through the air from the agents who want Sherry's head.

It was like time stopped and everything went quiet. My vision went blurry but the familiar feeling of crashing against the concrete ground brought me back to reality. Sherry was crouching over me and I could see Jake shooting in the background.

I turned my head to see the agents have fallen. Sherry was safe.

"Y/N... no no no this cant be real..." I looked back to see tears in Sherry's eyes.

What happened? That question was soon answered when I looked down. Blood poured out of my chest and stomach. I didnt have a chance at survival. Even if I was in a hospital it doubt I would live.

"I...I couldn't let you... die..." it was a struggle to talk but I still managed.

"No..."

"Sherry. Sherry we have to go. We have to go now." Jake came up behind Sherry and pulled her over.

Sherry was screaming and kicking Jake to get off but he wouldnt listen.

"Go. Get out of here.." I tried to be loud but it only came out as a whisper.

More agents showed up and Jake bassicaly dragged Sherry away. My eye sight started to fog up and I could feel my body giving up.

I knew I wouldnt last this.

At least Sherry is safe. 

~○~

Congratulations! You got ending 12!

So your choices got you killed but at least you were able to save Sherry.

You can see what the other endings are... or not that's fine but the other ends are completely different than what you would expect.