three:: when you're a beautiful disaster.

Start from the beginning

Something told me that telling him that the slightly bronzed southern lady that I found on Youtube used eggs in her macaroni would only intensify the teasing.

"You ate it!"

And he went back for seconds.

"Yeah, and my ma would be ashamed of me."

I gaped then, Izzy laughing at my face, our projects completely forgotten.

"Okay, Mr. 'I'm gonna make us Bloody Marys without a recipe'."

"That wasn't as bad."

Oh, fuck that. "You were on the toilet for a week!"

"We're not talkin' about that." He spoke so concretely we were both laughing and I laid back to join him flat on the ground. Rolling onto his back, he plastered both of his hands over his face and groaned, it deep and guttural and so funny in that moment. "God, did you see the way Deon looked at me?"

"Oh yeah! I forgot you were dating him! What happened with that?"

The guy he was seeing at the time was this gorgeous model from Atlanta, with rich, insanely clear dark skin and a cropped blonde fade.

Not only was he attractive but he was filthy rich, something about Isaiah that I always envied was the fact that he almost always attracted wealth.

But he was fake crying now, and I had to pay attention to what he was going on about.

"The end of Hell-week happened." And that was enough said.

Hell-week, that was what we called finals at SAIC.

After all the stress of finals, there would be a string of parties off campus, seniors in the surrounding area not only were having big blowouts but all the colleges near University Village which overlapped with our neighborhood in Little Italy had Isaiah going way too hard.

Stumbling in at 1 pm after some frat party, he'd ended up vomiting all over our old couch and Deon Lacy, his boyfriend that walked for fucking Prada.

"I paid for the dry cleaning and everything!" Isaiah cried and I tried my best not to laugh. "He still hasn't called me back, and I mean I understand that I like messed up—"

"Puked on him."

"—but... it's definitely the grossest thing that happened between us. He's acting like I haven't seen him mid-douche."

Oh, God. "Too much information, Izzy!"

Isaiah was laughing now through his frown and he sat back up so easily, it winded me. I really needed to get back in the gym.

"Jealous?" He was wiggling his brows and my upper lip curled at the idea of getting puked on and experiencing someone else amidst one of my most intimate moments. That was always something that I'd ever think I'd be comfortable doing in front of anyone else.

"I'm taking a break."

On his feet, he threw a nasty look at the supplies scattered and I knew a part of him wanted to organize everything but thankfully, he backed up as if his own work was contaminated.

"Iz, you just started."

"And I want gelato sooo, I'm just stopping." Shrugging, I carefully put the cap on a few tubes of paint while he retreated to the kitchen. "You hungry?"

"No..." He was nodding when I turned around and then I realized that that was kind of a lie. "Unless... you could pop a frozen quesadilla in the microwave."