Chapter 7

Avery's POV

After the classes we head to the cafeteria for lunch. 'So you ready for practice," Casey asked. 'Yeah I'm so ready can't wait."

Casey and I both are in the school varsity team, she's the captain and I'm the co-captain. We do everything together I think that's why Max hates me because he thinks I'm taking her away from him but I can't help it we've been friends since birth or maybe because I'm a threat to her since I'm intersex and he thinks I'm a freak that shouldn't be hanging out with her.

Once we have our lunches we head to our table that consists some of our friends from the soccer team. Ashley our defender, Jess one of our forwards, Lesley our midfielder.'Hey,"we both greeted as we sat. They greeted back. ' So how was the weekend?" Lesley asked.
'Eeh it was not that interesting for me but for this one she nudged me on the ribs, met someone and couldn't stop smiling about it. Everyone looked at me with a teasing smile.

'Omg tell us!" ' Well she's beautiful and funny I said blushing while looking down."

They all laughed 'damn you're already whipped!" Well I am and it's bad because I just met her and I don't know if she likes me like that."

'Aww you don't know that beside what's not to like  you're beautiful,smart,kind,passionate," Jess said.

'Thank you but I'd rather be her friend then nothing at all." Ok but what's her name (yes everyone knows I'm intersex and gay). ' you guys may know her because she plays for the country," I said looking down. They looked at each other shocked.

'What do you mean she plays for our country?"

'Ummm her name is E- 'Hey babe!" Max came over and sat between us and kissed Casey.

'Hey handsome what's wrong?"
'Nothing just wanted to see you." 'Oh okay why didn't to text me back I waited for your text for a whole two days."

He scratched his neck and laughed nervously,' Sorry I went to a friend's house and got wasted I-i just had a bad hangover." Casey looked at him with so much sympathy. I hate that she's so in love with him we all know that he's lying well except for Casey. All the girls know he bullies me but I told them that I would tell her myself.

'Oh okay well you could've texted me at least to say that you're safe so I won't be so worried." He kissed her and apologise again. He then turned to me and faked smiled,'Hey Avery how are You?" I replied with a fake smile of my own, I'm good thanks for caring."

He clenched his jaw and turned back to Casey,' Hey gotta go and check up on coach, see you later." Casey  nodded and looked at us       ' What?" 'I can't believe you like that jerk!", Ashley said frowning at her. 'What's wrong with you guys he's super sweet if you get to know him." All of them snorted. Casey was about to say something but I interrupt her. 'Hey guys bell is about to go why don't we head to our locker?"

We all stood up put our tray away and head to our locker which is all next to each other which I think is cool.

We took out our books and head to class when the bell rang. Upon arrival the teacher started teaching, me on the other hand is planning how to tell Casey about Max. Sighing I focus back on the lesson.

After all our classes it is time for practice we all headed to the locker room. ' Hey babe you go ahead I need to use the restroom." She nodded and went straight ahead. I went to the loo finish my business and was about to head out of the door when Max came in locked the door grinning at me. ' Well hello, he said smiling at me. I gulped and ran around him heading for the door when he yank my hair back, I fell on my back whimping due to the pain that I've yet to still recover from dad. " You still alive freak, I thought I told you to go kill yourself ? No one wants You!" He picked me up by my arms and pushed me to the wall.

I looked at him with a smug smile," you can't get rid of me that easily." "Well then I'm just going to make it easier for you, he said. He started to punch and kick me on the ribs I think he broke a few. He stopped with a satisfied smile on his face,leaving me there to get for myself well not the first time he did that.

I picked myself up and checked my face on the mirror. Well atleast he didn't go for my face this time because I don't have anymore excuses. I finished myself up and out to the field.

When I reached there Casey was just putting on her cleats.
"Hey why you late?" My friends looked at me ready for my reply. " oh I just had a little accident on the way nothing serious." My friends looked at me with anger knowing what I had encounter on my way here. "Oh okay you alright?" " yeah I'm good."

We warmed up with pairs and start practicing passing, throw ins, penalty kicks, corners and then other fitness test. After fitness coach Elle told us we're having a 5v5 scrimmage.

My team consists of:
Me
Jess
Ella
Bri
Ashley
Joe(GK)

Casey's team:
Casey
Lesley
Hanna
Brooke
Kathleen
Talia(GK)

The rest of the players are sitting on the sideline watching." Okay just have fun and look for space," I told my team. "Yeah let's kick their ass," Jess yelled. Coach blew the whistle " okay girls let's start." Ashley rolled the ball to Ella who then dribbled upwards toward the goal, Jess called for the ball once Ella passed the ball to her I pointed to the space in front of me so she noticed that and rolled it perfectly in front of me, I tap the ball once and skyrocket it upper left corner with so much force that Talia just stood there not moving an inch. Coach looked at me with a smile on her face,"never cease to amaze me Ms West." "And I'll never stop," I said smirking.

I was met with a smack in the back of my head. "What the hell!" What was that for?"

"We all know you're good so no need to be cocky about it, you making me work for my position," Lesley said with a pout. 

"Aww don't worry sweetie you won't lose it,because you look good warming up the bench it's better that not on the team at all. "

"Why you little sh-." Before she finishes her sentence I ran away from her to the sideline where the everyone's at.

Everyone laughed and start playing again. When the scrimmage is over with us winning 6-4 we head over to the locker room to have a shower then changed into clean clothes. Casey and I started walking to the car park when Casey forgot her maths book inside her locker so we decided to go back and get it.

On our way there we heard moaning coming from the janitors closet. We both turned to each other giggle," well someone can't wait to get home." We were about to continue our journey when we heard the girl moans "Ahh right there Max..." We suddenly stop Casey turned to me with wide eyes while I clenched both my jaw and hands.