I notice immediately that something is off with him, despite hardly knowing him. "You're Virgil, huh? I heard a lot about you, all good things." I add the last part, making sure to assure him that Patton said not a single bad thing about him. "Mhm" is all I get from him. 

"Is something wrong, buddy?" He shrugs, moving the arms of his stuffy in a way I can tell he's not playing, but just moving his hands. "Come on, bud. I know you just met me, and you don't know if you can trust me yet, but you don't have to hide that you're feeling sad. I want to help the sads go away, but I need you to tell me what's wrong before I can help you."

He seems to think it over and stops moving his stuffy's hands. "Is 'tupid.." He starts moving his and hi stuffy's hands again. "I'm sure it isn't stupid if it's making you this sad." I tell him. He thinks again. "Erybody pay 'tention t Thomas.." Is all he says. "You're sad cause Thomas is getting all the attention and you aren't?" Virgil nods. "Well, I'm here aren't I?" I point out. He nods. 

Thomas calls me over, clearly still excited to be meeting everybody. "You wanna come over and talk to Thomas?" Virgil shakes his head, seeming a bit anxious. "I think you and Thomas would get along, but I'm not gonna force you to come over and talk if you don't want to right now." I tell him, scooting over to Thomas and the others. 

"Someone should go over and talk to Virgil. He's feeling left out and it's not a good idea to leave him without any attention while Thomas gets so much." I whisper to Logan, who nods and gets up and walks over to Virgil. 

Patton 

I watch as Thomas and Virgil build a tower out of the blocks that Thomas brought over. Judging from the amount of focus and how skinny the tower is, they're trying to see how high they can build it. 

Suddenly the entire thing topples over, thankfully landing away from both the littles and the TV. Virgil looks upset and I'm ready to get up and talk to him, but Thomas, who was only momentarily surprised by the tower falling, notices that Virgil is upset too and starts to talk to him instead. "Is oky, Viwrgil. We cans rwebuild it." He smiles and Virgil smiles back. 

"It's like Thomas is a big sibling." Roman comments, quiet enough that the littles wouldn't be able to hear us. I nod, smiling. "Looks like we got some competition, huh, Padre?" He adds. I chuckle, "Yeah? More like you do." 

Virgil and Thomas clear the area they were using to build their tower by pushing the blocks over to the side and then start placing blocks in order to try and make a more stable and taller tower. I'm holding my breath watching this because halfway through the tower starts wobbling again and leaning to the right, towards Virgil. 

Neither of them notice though and just keep placing blocks, the tower getting more and more unstable with each block. Then it falls, hitting Virgil, who trips over his own foot in surprise and starts tearing up. 

"Okay, no more tower." I state, getting up and hurrying over to pick up Virgil. 

I sigh, sitting myself down on the couch with Joan and Roman, Logan sitting himself down in the chair. "Good to know I'm not the only one that has to battle for naptime." Joan chuckles. "Yeah, Virgil hates going to bed at all, but loves sleeping. I get it though." 

Virgil hates going to bed, always has. Unless he planned on watching YouTube or Netflix in his room, then he would fight in order to hang out with one of us until he felt tired. We got used to him falling asleep in random places due to this, but I feel bad that he feels he needs to do that in order to keep himself distracted. If he doesn't, then he ends up coming to us because his thoughts won't stop and he doesn't want to be alone. 

We all stay silent, still catching our breaths from chasing the two around the house in order to catch them. Not even to get them in bed, just to to change them into some comfy clothes. Thomas bolted from Joan and I guess Virgil started to understand what getting into comfy clothes means and bolted too. It took Joan and Roman to get Thomas and then me and Logan in order to get Virgil. 

In the silence I can hear soft sniffles, from upstairs. I guess Joan heard them too because a moment after I hear it he says "That has to be Virgil. I know Thomas well enough to tell that isn't him". I nod and get up, walking upstairs. 

As soon as I open Virgil's door, I spot Virgil wrapped in blankets while cuddling Vivi, Midnight on his lap. I was expecting that, what I wasn't expecting was to see Thomas hugging him, telling him things like "is oky" and "i hewre". I wait a moment, double checking to make sure that my assistance isn't needed. 

Virgil calms down and the they both lay down, Midnight on Virgil's chest like usual and Thomas cuddling him. Since things seem okay now, I close the door.

I think those two are going to be great friends.