Chapter 3: a history lesson

??? Pov

Me and my team were stationed all over new meridian. It was strange skullgirls usually come in with a grand entrance but this one didn't. Nevertheless we need to find this skullgirl and eliminate her before she grows in power and destroys new meridian.

"Valentine this is Christmas come in." My communicator lights up.

"Christmas this is valentine. I found nothing this side of the city is clean. Waiting word from the others." I reply

"Copy that rendezvous with me and we'll figure out what to do next." She orders.

"Yes ma'am." I reply.

What is your goal skullgirl?

Y/n pov

It was in the afternoon and the girls decided to hunker down with me and my mom. It's good and at. It's just that I have to watch over THREE GIRLS!! And I'm the only guy! *sigh* right now I need to go to and find money for food and such. Filia and Marie offered to work around Maplecrest for money so that I can get food for them. So that's a problem solved.

For now I need to get ready to head to the church. It's easy to find besides how can one NOT find a cathedral in a city?

Timeskip

Scratch that I was lost.

I managed to walk around new meridian for FIVE HOURS!!!!! HOW!?!?!?

I literally had to ask the citizens for the directions. It's okay at least I made it. It's a good thing that my mom doesn't know about this. She's my mother and I love her but the ONE thing that I despise about her.

Is that she has boomer humor. Yeah let that one sink in for a bit.

Mini timeskip

I walk into the cathedral and see that it is decorated beautifully. The chandeliers were adorned with diamonds, the columns were imbued with gold, and the windows were tinted to combine with the sunlight to give off vibrant colors.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" I ask in a polite tone.

"Yes child I am here." I hear a voice behind me. I turn around to see a nun with her eyes closed.

 I turn around to see a nun with her eyes closed

"Greetings miss. I was told to come here by a voice. I was wondering if you may know about it?" I ask the nun.

"Yes my child I do. You were summoned by the trinity themselves." She says.

"I see but my I ask? What is the history behind this world?" I ask her.

"Come walk with me." She says.

We walk throughout the cathedral as she begins to speak.

"In the beginning the humans and ferals (beastmen) lived in darkness. The only beings they worshipped at the time were the parasites. The parasites were being that's joined with either a human or a feral in symbiosis given the host unique abilities. Civilizations flourished and fallen as time went on. After thousands of years the kingdoms came into existence. The most prominent being the Canopy Kingdom. During the early years three celestial beings came from the stars to cause chaos on our world.