Chapter 12: Scars

You slowly raise your gaze to meet everyone. Sans is staring at the scar on your chest. You feel uncomfortable under his gaze. Undyne notices this and yells at Sans, "SANS! HASN'T ANYBODY TAUGHT YOU MANNERS! YOU DON'T STARE AT A GIRLS CHEST!" Sans goes bright red and averts his gaze. "*sigh* This isn't even the worst. Turn around." Undyne commands you. You oblige and turn so your back is facing them. You hear gasps and feel Undyne lifts the back of your shirt up, just enough to see the scar that runs across your bra line. Your happy that you can't see their faces. Suddenly, you feel a bony hand touch your back. You flinch at how cold it is.

"(Y/n), what happened?" you hear Sans' concerned voice say. You let your eyes fall to the ground even though no one can see your face. You know they're waiting for your answer but you're too afraid to say anything.

"HUMAN! WHO HAS DONE THIS TO YOU?" Papyrus says. You decide to remain silent. It always helped you before. A body hand grips your shoulder. The hand forces you to turn around so you're facing them again. You look up at Sans, he's looking at you with a worried expression.

"It doesn't matter. The past is in the past," you say in a barely audible whisper.

"Like HELL it doesn't matter!" Sans yells. "(Y/n), someone hurt you and by the looks of it, they hurt you really badly." His tone softens a little bit. "D-Did that guy, the one you mentioned earlier. Did he do this?" His voice was now just a whisper.

"No. No, he isn't the one who did this." You feel tears threatening to fall.

"Then who?" You can tell that Sans is at his breaking point. You wished someone, anyone, would speak so you don't have to. You didn't want to explain that each scar was inflicted by a different "owner".

You take a deep breath before saying, "Not that it matters now..." you pause, unsure of how to continue. "Each of the four was inflicted by different people. None two were given to me by the same person." It was quiet. No one spoke. "I-It's not like they hurt anymore, they're healed."

"Four? (Y/n), I only saw three." Undyne points out your mistake. You silently curse yourself. You forgot that they had only seen three scars.

"HUMAN! WHERE IS THE FOURTH?"

"O-on my thighs. It's the newest. It happened just over a month ago." You feel their eyes boring into you but you don't want to see their reaction so you keep your eyes glued to the floor.

"Oh fuck. (Y/n), I'm so sorry." Sans says as he pulls you into a hug.