Chapter 27: My life

You wake up in a cold sweat, shaking and trying not to scream. You know without looking at yourself that you look ghostly pale. Silently looking to your side, you notice Sans isn't in bed with you. Looking around the darkroom you see that he isn't there. Sighing, you think that you would get out of this without any questions. Unfortunately, fate isn't on your side when Sans enters the room.

He gazes towards the bed and notices that you are awake. He quietly shuffles his feet toward you but stops once he notices the look on your face. Slowly, it dawns on him that you must've had another nightmare. You try to silently tell him that you don't want to talk about it but it's obvious that he would let it go this time. He sits at the edge of the bed and looks at you. You sigh as you meet his gaze. "Sans I-" you stop. How do you tell him about all of the pain you've endured? Your gaze drops to your hand as you start to fiddle. Sans waits patiently for you to continue. He knows better than to rush you.

"Sans, the surface isn't what you think it is. Actually, it's worse than it is down here. I know you've been wondering where my scars have come from and I have been refusing to tell you. They're not easy stories to tell. Each is a reminder of what awaits me on the surface. A fate I can't escape from. A fate I didn't want to bring anyone else into." You look up to meet Sans's eye lights. They're searching for answers. "Sans, my scars are man-made. Nothing about them is natural." Confusion overtakes his features. Of course he doesn't understand. What your saying makes no sense to him. You sigh as you remove your shirt. A glow of red illuminates the room. You point to the scar on your stomach. "This was given to me by a knife." You turn so he can see your back. "The diagonal one is from a whip. The straight one, I actually don't know what caused it." You turn back around and reveal the scar across your legs," and this one is from a different whip."

Sans's voice comes soft and slow. "But, who gave them to you?"

"The people who owned me." Your answer was simple but it wasn't enough for Sans. "When I was 10, my dad killed my mom then took me to a human sex trafficker who then sold me to someone. I ran away from him only to be caught again. This repeated itself three more times. I have been bought and sold five times to greedy men. They are the ones who littered my skin with these scars. The only reason they don't have me now is because I went to Mount Ebbot to end my life. But, I ended up here instead. "

The room is deathly silent. Without saying a word, Sans wraps you in a tight embrace. He pulls you as close as he can without hurting you. You squeeze him back as tears escape your eyes. Unable to hold them back any longer, your tears fall steadily as you cry your past away. All the while Sans just holds you. Eventually, you cry yourself to sleep, nestled in Sans's arms.