Chapter Twenty-Seven

I groaned, feeling tightness throughout my entire body, before slowly rolling over, trying to open my eyes. 

I blinked slowly, filtering the light that was beaming me in the face. 

"You alright?" a deep voice asked, making me freeze. 

That was not Kal's voice. 

Oh no. 

My eyes shot open, coming face with Justin. 

He was in nothing but a towel that was wrapped loosely around his hips, his muscled stomach glistening with water drops, his hair wet and pushed out his face. 

I gulped. 

Please, have clothes on, Valerie. 

Please have clothes on. 

I peered under the sheet, only my underwear and bra. 

I let my eyes close, as I slowly brought the covers down. "Did we sleep together?" I asked slowly. 

He snorted, "no, darling, that we did not do."

Relief crashed into me, as I relaxed in his hotel room bed, "why the fuck am I here?" I asked him. 

He laughed lightly, tightening the towel on his body before walking to his suitcase grabbing clothes, "well after last night you were worried about me, kind of. Plus, I couldn't let you go back to your room alone with what happened, and so you just followed me to mine" he shrugged. 

"With what ..." I gasped, my eyes going wide as I looked at my hands. 

Swollen and bruised. 

"We got into a fight!" I cried out, my hand throbbing, before my eyes flew to Justin, his ribs a dark purple color, "oh fuck, are you alright?" I asked stepping out of the bed rushing to him. 

Unlike Kal, he wasn't covered in any tattoos, his tan skin smooth as I peered at the swollen area on his ribs. 

He laughed lightly, a blush on his face as he looked away from me, "I'm fine, but how about you borrow this sweatshirt" he smiled, handing me a plain black sweatshirt. 

I quickly threw it over my head, "let me see, sit on the bed" I sighed, tugging him away from his suitcase. 

He sighed but let me drag him to the corner of the bed, I leaned down and slowly prodded at his ribs, watching as he tensed in pain. 

"I don't think they are broken, I'd say only bruised, but you definitely need a doctor to look at that" I sighed, standing up to look down at him. 

He gave me a small smile, "it'd be a lot worse if you hadn't been there" he snorted. 

I laughed the memories flooding back. 

Dorthy, Daniel, Justin, and I had ditched the entire soccer team and found a different club somewhere around 3am, a different club the Barcelona team they had beaten earlier were also at. 

We were barely there an hour before three of them were shoving Justin to the ground and kicking him in the stomach. 

Daniel tackled one, Dorthy slammed a tequila bottle into the other's head, and I slammed my fist into the last one's face. 

We'd all been promptly kicked out, and with luck we had stumbled back to the hotel. 

Daniel and Dorthy had gone to cuddle with Preston, while I had done everything in my power not to go see if Kal was in my room, especially since I'd left specific instructions for the hotel staff to move his luggage into the connecting room and to hand him a key the second he came back.