Chapter Fifteen

I screamed with the rest of the stadium as Kal shot the ball right into the net, just as the clock counted down. 

His whole team roared in victory as they sprinted to trample him, sending him flying to the ground as his whole team tried to kill him. 

Dorthy was cheering beside me, as we watched the team slowly jog off of the field after being awarded to win. 

Kal's eyes caught mine as he jogged back with the rest of his team, as they clapped him on the back. 

I shot him a wide smile, as I clapped, laughing at the way his whole face broke into even more happiness, before he put his head down and jogged out of sight. 

"I LOVE YOU PRESTON!!" Dorthy screeched from beside me as her man jogged by, that winner's smile on his face as he pointed at Dorthy, before touching his heart. 

"Gag me" I huffed a laugh, as Dorthy sat back down beside me giggling. 

"You know how they say when a couple survives a life and death situation, they come out stronger than ever together?" she asked me, her eyes practically hearts. 

I snorted, "like a bear attack?" 

"Yes. Nona was our bear attack, Val. It was like we survived the war or something when we finally made it back to the hotel. I unleashed a whole new level in my relationship. Valerie, he's so flexible, it's un-fucking-believable" Dorthy groaned, bringing utter disgust to my face. 

"Well that was an overshare" I deadpanned, glaring at her, as she gave me a goofy love-struck smile. 

"Please, bitch. You think I'm blind? I saw how you and Kal just stared at each other, and then he fucking blushes and looks away from you! Surviving an attack from Nona brought you two closer too. I just need to know how close?" she blinked innocently, "like balls deep, close?" 

I choked violently, as my airway constricted and I nearly died, "what the fuck, Dorthy" I gasped, staring at her. 

She shrugged, "I guess not that close-"

"-Ever! Not that close ever! You fucking creep. Ugh, you're so disgusting" I cried, rolling my eyes at her smiling face. 

"I know that you two are on much better terms, this is the first time he's looked at you and you actually looked back and smiled. Thank god, I was starting to feel for the guy" she muttered. 

"What are you talking about?" I sighed, staring at her as if she was crazy. 

"Valerie. Kal Kingston stares at you, all of the time. He watches you, during every game, from the bench, from the field, from the water station, all of it. He stares at you on the flights, he stares at your ass, he stares at your boobs, he stares at your face. He stares at you, all day long. I stare at him, staring at you, at least 95% of the time. Preston has even noticed and begged me to stop staring at him staring at you. It's a stare train, you dumb bitch." She finished slowly like she was talking to a child. 

I couldn't believe her, "and what do I stare at while all this fucking staring is going on?" I snorted. 

"Food. TV. Books. Your nails. Your feet. Your shoes. Your phone. Mostly its other people's food though" she rolled her eyes. 

I couldn't believe it. 

I don't believe it. 

"So what are you trying to say, Dorthy?" I sighed at one of my best friends. 

"I'm saying, you dimwit, that he wants to bend you over and give you his gold medal, if you catch what I am saying" she winked. 

I rolled my eyes, "I ... sometimes, can't even remember why we are friends. You're entirely too delusional for your own good, babe" I shrugged standing up.