1. Store Encounter

Alexis was at her local grocery store, when she saw someone trying to speak to one of the supermarket employees.

"Where is the breadha?"

"I'm sorry sir, we do not keep the item you are looking for", said the employee and she just walked away.

The customer was left stranded and lost. He seemed shook by the way he was treated and just stood there, scratching the back of his head.

Alexis felt sorry for him and decided to help him out.

"Hi, I couldn't help but overhear that conversation. Don't worry, it happened to me too."

"Yes, she was rude to me, all I wanted to know was where I could get breada", he said in a thick South Korean accent.

"Oh, let me take you to the bread aisle."

"Bread!", he said with a sense of realization.

Alexis smiled finding his epiphany cute.

She lead him to the aisle.

"Thanks uhh..."

"I'm Alexis",

"Thanks Alexis, I'm Minhyuk. Thank you so much for your help", he said gratefully to Alexis, shook her hand and gave her a bow. She didn't know what to react and said "Gamsahamida" and returned the bow.

Minhyuk was shook, he started talking fluent Korean. Halfway through he knew he lost her. 

"You don't speak fluent Korean huh?", he smiled.

"No, sorry, BTS fan, still learning", she said sheepishly.

There was an awkward silence for about 30 seconds.

"Ok, well, I've got to go", said Alexis.

"Bye, thanks again", he gave her a thumbs up and she did the same.

That's when she actually noticed him. He was wearing a black hoodie with skinny blue jeans. He had on a pair of white sneakers that had a glossy finish. Then she looked up at his face, hmm he is very tall she thought to herself, almost a foot and half taller than her.

He was on the fairer side with clear beautiful skin. His eyes were dark brown and matched his hair. It seemed like he had colored it and it fell cutely over his forehead.

Then she noticed his ears, it had a quirky shape to it and "Alexis, helloo", he waved his hand in front of her face

"Hi", she blushed and immediately pretended to look at her phone.

He didn't notice her checking him out.

"I guess I'm done too, where is the checkout counter", his Korean accent tended to keep creeping into his sentences. She found it cute.

"I'll show you, follow me."

After they finished paying their bills, they left the supermarket. They said their goodbyes but started walking in the same direction.

"Um, are you new around here?", asked Alexis.

"Yes, it's been just 2 days, I'm still figuring out the place."

They walked together in comfortable silence for 7 blocks.

"Ok, this is my stop", said Alexis once they reached her apartment building.

Minhyuk blushed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I guess we're neighbours".