Hair Products I Recommend

Author's Note: These are all products that I have had recommended to me, or that I have tried and tested to be good. These products are all sulfate, paraben, and silicone free, and they have all-natural ingredients. If you have any 100% natural recommendations, please notify me and I will update this chapter. 

1. SheaMoisture. These products have various lines dedicated to several hair characteristics. For example, their Jamaican Black Castor Oil line is for natural, chemically treated, or transitioning hair, their African Black Soap and their Green Coconut and Black Charcoal lines are dedicated to hair that has lots of buildup, and their Raw Shea Butter line is dedicated to damaged/transitioning hair. Shea Moisture has lines for all hair types, from Type 1 to Type 4. As you will see in a later chapter, I have stopped using SheaMoisture, yet I still recommend them to others based on the results I got at the time I used them. 

2. Not Your Mother's Naturals. Not Your Mother's has products for every hair type, and contain good ingredients. I would recommend the products in their Naturals line, as they are free of sulfates, parabens, and silicones, as well as other harmful ingredients. They also have a Curl Talk line, which works for wavy, curly, and kinky hair.

3. Camille Rose Naturals. Camille Rose is another line that works for wavy/curly/kinky hair, and has products that are from naturally derived ingredients. Their Curl Maker gel has gotten rave reviews. I currently use this line, and it works really well with my hair.  

4. Melanin Haircare. Established by Naptural85 in 2015, this haircare line has amazing styling products that are continuously demonstrated (and tested) on Whitney's channel. They only have a leave-in conditioner, a styling cream, and a gel-oil, but they are focused on styling products rather than anything else. They may not work for wavy hair, as the products are very thick. 

5. Curlsmith. Curlsmith has products dedicated for a variety of curl types, and they are vegan, cruelty free, and use organic ingredients. They have a variety of products, ranging from a cowash to a protein treatment (that somewhat rivals Olaplex).