The older glanced over his shoulder at his friend, not failing to notice the continuous looks they were receiving. The teacher picked up where he left off, but Jeno couldn't take his eyes off Jaemin who in turn captured his gaze.

The strange twisted feeling in the pit of Jeno's stomach forced him to turn around, trying to calm down. That kid doesn't blink, he thought, trying to take his mind off the younger.

.......

In the canteen, Jeno sat down with a long and dramatic sigh. The first period had been hell since people had been itching to ask him and Jaemin what the story was. They literally mobbed them when the class was dismissed for lunch.

'How do you two know each other?,' some asked, and other questions like, 'why doesn't he talk?' and 'why won't Jeno hang out with us as well?' were thrown.

So needless to say, the brunette was already prepared to go home after only two hours. Jaemin sat opposite him at their table, pulling out an awful lot of food for one person.

He slid his phone across the smooth surface for Jeno to read, 'share with me'.

Jeno tilted his head, glancing at him and sighing. "I'm okay. I ate this morning."

'Liar.'

"I'm not lying," Jeno gasped, clutching his chest and looking offended. "Why would I lie?"

Jaemin hesitated, realising he had no other excuse than 'I know you can't afford food'. He couldn't exactly message him that though.....it wasn't the right time. Somehow, he felt frustrated that Renjun could handle these situations better. The oldest never struggled getting Jeno to eat.

Defeated, Jaemin sat back and glared at Jeno like he had killed his dog. The older shook his head in disbelief.

"What have I done now? Why are you glaring at me?"

Because you're killing yourself and I don't want to loose you, Jaemin so desperately wanted to yell. He wanted to use his voice and create an impact. But the mental block was far too strong after years of growing.

Just as he was about to give up, Renjun appeared from behind Jeno, pressing his index finger to his lips to signal to Jaemin that he wanted to scare him.

The younger tried very hard not to giggle, hating when people gave his pranks away and understanding the older's knowing look.

Jeno frowned, noticing Jaemin staring above his head and motioning to turn around. Jaemin panicked, grabbing the older's hand before Renjun covered Jeno's eyes from behind.

The brunette wasn't sure whether to panic or fight back. Instead, Renjun leaned down and whispered in his ear, "Why aren't you eating?"

Jeno's spine tingled from the sensation of the older's breath on his ear. He couldn't see, amplifying the strange feeling. But somehow, figuring out it was Renjun, made him feel less scared.

"I'm not hungry...."

"Bullshit," Renjun sighed like he was used to this response, "If you don't eat, I'll follow you home and make sure you do."

Jeno gulped, feeling Jaemin's hand squeeze his tighter. The pair of them were ganging up on him, that much he could see. But why did they care so much? Was this what friends were always like?

"F-fine," he caved, feeling both males release him. Renjun took a seat beside him, extending his hand to Jaemin to pass him something.

The blonde did as he was told and slid a bar of chocolate to the Chinese.

"C'mon, eat up."

Jeno pursed his lips, really wanting to eat since he hadn't had anything in a couple of days. But he also hated accepting 'gifts' or 'charity'.

"Really guys, I'm-" he tried to defend, but he was cut off by a square of milk chocolate being slid into his mouth.

Renjun had this determined expression on, his thumb on Jeno's closed lips and eyes watching as the younger started to chew.

"Not so hard, is it?" The oldest tried to smile, but his chest hurt from the way his heart was bashing against it. He slowly removed his hand from the other's face, covering his cheeks and looking down at the table. 

Jaemin watched the exchange closely, fiddling with his sleeves under the table.

There was definitely a more heavy atmosphere that the three carried when all present in the same place. Something 'friends' didn't have, but not what 'lovers' had either.

─────── • ❥ • ───────