2. Secret Revealed

Max's Point of View

"Are...you a...superhero?" Teddy asked me.
What just happened!? How did she find out, how did Teddy know? I thought in my head.

"What?" I say, pretending I didn't know what she was talking about. I sucked at lying to Teddy.

"Max!" Teddy said, "I know that you just met me today, but you can tell me."

I didn't know if I should admit it to her or not. Maybe ask her how she found out.

"Why are you asking me this?" I ask Teddy.

"On the walk over to your house I heard you yell at Nora and Billy to stop using their powers. Then Nora said something, and that weird alarm thing." Teddy said.

"You heard that from outside? My house is supposed to be soundproof", I say realizing I just admitted I said those things.
Why didn't I deny the things she said?

"So you are a superhero!" She said.

I didn't know what to do, so I used my freeze breath and froze Teddy.

"PHOEBE!" I yelled up the stairs. I saw Phoebe walking down the stairs with an angered face.

"What Max?" She said. I pointed over to Teddy and Phoebe looked over and gasped. "Is that Teddy?"

"Kind of..." I said trailing off.

"What happened?"

"Well she found out we had powers", I say.

"How?" Phoebe asked.

"She said she heard me talking to Nora before she even got here."

"That's not possible...unless" Phoebe trailed off into her own thoughts.

"Unless WHAT Phoebe."

"She must have powers too!" Phoebe yelled.
"Really Phoebe...That's what you think?" I say. Her idea was stupid, Teddy wasn't a superhero. Could she? No she can't!

*Flashback*

"On the walk over to your house I heard you yell at Nora and Billy to stop using their powers. Then Nora said something, and that weird alarm thing." Teddy said.

So she could have powers.

"Okay...unfreeze her", I tell Phoebe. Phoebe let out her heat breath.

“Teddy?” I ask her.

“You have superpowers!” Teddy yells out.