↘︎ chapter seventy-nine

79 | The Battle of Hogwarts

"We don't have much time until midnight, Marley!" yelled Brielle Macmillan to her daughter Marley Macmillan. The two were running in the overcrowded corridors of Hogwarts, making sure everyone is safe. Noelle and Noen had went in the dungeons to take some curative potions and ingredients.

It was more than clear that there might be injured people, but Marley was just praying that her loved ones would not be hurt. After Brielle and Marley spent at least fifteen minutes helping students evacuate, and then checking the corridors to make sure they were not left behind by accident, they could rest.

Now they were running down the already deserted corridors, but the conversations and shouts of the students continued to be heard from the outside. The House Ghosts were circling around, professors and teachers doing their jobs. Somewhere at school, Fred, George, and Lee Jordan were closing the passageways so that the Death Eathers couldn't pass through them.

"Mom, I think there are no students here." whispered Marley to her mother and heard strange noise behind her. She turned around but didn't see anyone. "Did you--"

"Come on," interrupted her Brielle and grabbed her daughter for the wrist. "Look, we're late."

Marley saw that Death Eaters were running down from the nearest hill with screams. The nineteen-year-old girl realised their time passed and since the Death Eaters and Voldemort were attacking, Harry was still somewhere in the school.

"Marley, we have to go," urged her Brielle, but Marley was staring at the big group of Death Eaters, coming closer to Hogwarts.

"Marley!" exclaimed a voice and the girl saw Ginny Weasley. "I'm here to help."

"Did you leave the Room or Requierement?" Brielle was amazed. "Ginny, it's not safe for you! You have to go back there!"

"No, I'm not waiting all of you fight, while I stay there and wait." Ginny said stubbornly, crossing her arms.

"Mom, she may be with us." inclined Marley. "But stay right next to us and don't get away too much. Let's go."

They began to move through the empty corridors, and several corridors through them heard explosions and shouts too familiar. But Brielle told her not to stop. They continued to flee, but the Death Eaters were already moving down the corridors of Hogwarts. Marley might not have seen other students and had been able to search most places, suddenly worried that there might still be some left.

"Crucio--" shouted a Death Eater toward them and the three avoided the Unforgivable Curse.

"Stupefy!" Brielle turned over her shoulder with a pointed wand, without stopping to run. The Death Eater fell numb to the ground. However, a wall appeared in front of them and they had to turn sharply, and there were more of Voldemort's followers waiting for them. They began firing at them with curses.

"Confringo!" yelled Ginny.

"Fiendfyre!" said Brielle, while the three were far enough from the Death Eaters, so she could trap them. Flames exploded in the corridor of angry screams, and the girls were safe for the time being, so they fled again and reached the place where the explosion was heard. But there was no one there, only plaster and ruined statues, broken glass of stone.

The three stopped panting for a moment to rest. There were no Death Eaters around them. Ginny was staring out the window, watching the Death Eaters come down and break the school enchantments, and the teachers did their best to stop them.

"Marley--" Brielle said, breathing heavily. "Listen to me, there are too much of them in the school. We have to find Noelle and Noen, the others from the Order. If it's just the three of us, we would never make it."