↘︎ chapter eighteen

*a/n: i couldn't find a gif of hogsmeade which was NOT in the winter. i'm so sorry for that.*

18 | Hogsmeade

After accepting Marley Macmillan as a Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, strange things started to happen. Yes, everyone on the team trained very hard, and often Marley came home with muscle fever and stiff limbs, but at least she felt satisfied with what she was doing. At one of Saturday's training sessions, they were confronted with the Slytherin team. Draco Malfoy, Harry's greatest enemy, had been accepted as a Seeker of his Quidditch team. There was an altercation and it was all over with Ron Weasley spitting slugs off his mouth.

That evening, Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, was petrified, and he blamed Harry Potter for seeing him at the crime scene. There was a message on the wall with blood saying that some Chamber of Secrets was open, but Marley wasn't very sure to what exactly was written on the wall. But excluding all of these events, life in Hogwarts was still normal, and everyone went to their classes, three of Marley's days after her classes she had Quidditch trainings, and Hogsmeade's first visit would be soon. She was really excited. Fred and George had talked so much about the village - and only good things.

"All the best sweets are at Honeydukes." had said once Fred Weasley at lunch.

"The Hogsmeade post office is actually really beautiful, but Zonko's joke shop is our religion." had added George Weasley with a grin on his face. After thier amazing reviews for Hogsmeade and its shops, Marley got to the conclusion the village was really cool and... Fred and George were obssessed with it.

Maybe a few days before All Saints' Day, the first game of the Quidditch season took place. It was between Gryffindor and Slytherin. It was also Marley's first game as a Chaser, and she was pretty nervous before the game started. They would still play against their biggest enemy. But Gryffindor won. There was a bitter feud between Harry and Draco, the two Seekers, but in the end Potter caught the Snitch, ending the game. Ovations and applauses, cheers and everyone celebrated it at dinner. Angelina Johnson specifically raised the toast for Marley's first game on the team. Lee greeted her that she played very well and that as her friend, he was very proud of her.

Their victory had its negative features. Harry's arm broke and their DADA teacher, Gilderoy Lockhart, who Marley hated, in an effort to help Harry, removed all the bones from his arm. The whole Quidditch team, along with Ron and Hermione, went to the hospital wing, where Madam Pomfrey, the matron, was working and taking care of the students. Fortunately, Harry's bones eventually grew safely in his arm.

Finally the day for Hogsmeade came. Marley was more than excited. Students from higher years would also go, so Marley would be with her friends. She had woken up very early with excitement and had been unable to sleep. Just a minute ago, they had arrived in Hogsmeade, and she was staring at the cozy cottages, all the shops and people walking along the cobblestone streets. It seemed as though she was a muggle who was invited to study at Hogwarts three years ago. Well, she wasn't a muggle at all. She was pureblood, but her mother had raised her also like a muggle.

"Welcome to Hogsmeade - the place where all your dreams will come true." said Fred and spread his hands in the air like a tour guide. Angelina and Marley shared a look and then burst into laughter.

But Hogsmeade was very pretty and cosy village. Marley would like to come sometime with her mother here, even though Brielle Macmillan had visited it many times during her Hogwarts education. But for obvious reasons, Marley couldn't do it. She didn't have the typical normal childhood like the Weasley family - she had grown up without a paternal figure, with a mother pretending to be dead, only child, with a godmother whose husband was in Azkaban and her son who was another normal child but not her pureblood brother.