↘︎ chapter ten

a/n: I didn't put names in alphabetical order, so don't come to me.

10 | New Seeker

It was already time for the Sorting Ceremony in the Great Hall. Marley Macmillan was dressed with her Gryffindor uniform and robe, sitting with her friends at the table. The dishes for the Start-of-term feast were as amazing as one year ago. A lot of food, predicting full stomaches, the disgusting champagne and pumpkin juice.

Her best friends were one year older than her and actually that didn't bother her at all. The years weren't important in one friendship, right? Marley was thinking about that while sitting on the Gryffindor table with her best friends Angelina Johnson, Lee Jordan, Fred and George Weasley. Noen Black had went with Hagrid after he got off Hogwarts Express. He was in his first year and he would be sorted soon.

Thinking of Noen, Marley remembered how embarassed he made her feel even if he didn't do it purposlely. But George Weasley was thinking she was his 'fan' and told the 'funny' story to Lee and Angelina. The twelve-year-old girl was still flushed but the twins were enjoying this little misunderstanding and she could do nothing to stop them.

"It's not that bad, Marley." assured her Angelina, putting her hand on her shoulder in a friendly way. Thank God she was there for her, when Marley herself couldn't even deal with the naughty twins. She was convinced if they were muggles, Santa Claus will always put them in his list for naughty children. "You know they're just joking."

"I was planning this drawing to be a present anyway." Marley lied, not capable to admit she really missed the twins during the boring summer she spent in Aberaeron, Wales. "To Mrs. Weasley. She'd like it."

"She will," confirmed Fred Weasley with a smirk and Marley looked at him with deadly sparkle in her eyes. "Well, let's change the topic because someone had woken up with their feet up. Where do you think Noen will be sorted?"

"I don't know." Marley shrugged her arms and bit the pork piece she had taken with her fork. "Only the Hat will know for sure."

But while saying this words Marley was wondering if the Hat made the right decision, sorting her in Gryffindor. Not once she had been told she looked more like a Hufflepuff, because of her sweet personality. And she was thinking she was for Hufflepuff. But what if the Sorting Hat could see a part of her that she didn't know and that's the reason why she was sorted in Gryffindor.

The double doors of the Great Hall suddenly opened, letting the head of Gryffindor Minerva McGonagall, followed by the first-year students. Fred and George had told her that their little brother Ron Weasley, will begin studying at Hogwarts this year. And when she saw red hair in the crowd of eleven-year-olds, she guessed it was him.

After the little boring speech of McGonagall and Dumbledore, introducing the children in Hogwarts and the main rules, it was time for the Sorting ceremony. Marley was impatient to understand where Noen would be sorted.

McGonagall took a piece of parchment. She was standing next to the stool with the Sorting Hat and the impatient first year students gathered around her. The professor first read the name of a girl, named Hermione Granger. The girl looked nervous when she sat on the stool and the Hat was placed on her head. The Hat sorted her into Gryffindor and all of the people from Marley's table exclaimed into cheers.

Next was a pale boy with almost white hair. His name was Draco Malfoy and he was sorted into Slytherin. A couple of girls and boys went by, a boy with red hair was called next and Marley's eyes widened a little.

"That's Ron." whispered George and Marley met his brown eyes, nodding with her head. Ron Weasley seemed a little scared of the Sorting Hat, but she sorted him in Gryffindor. More and more cheers. Marley was happy. He was the second kid sorted in her house this night.