Muriel nods.

He stands. "Well, the king and queen have allowed you to stay for now, but we should get you walking." He looks at Caroline.

"I believe she has the strength to walk, but it's like she doesn't know how," says Caroline.

Caleb nods. "We should start with her learning how to walk. Can you read or write?"

Muriel shakes her head.

"Then we can teach you that also. We are all anxious to know what happened. And to get you back to your family if they're safe. Miss, you were found in a cave, bruised, unconscious, no lower garments and near Minerva. All of which are concerning."

Muriel nods.

"We will do our best to keep you safe, all right?" he asks, giving a small warm smile.

Muriel nods again.

"Are you comfortable with me helping you walk? I will only take your arm unless it's necessary," Caleb says.

"Now?" Caroline asks. "She only woke up not too long ago."

Muriel looks at Caroline and shakes her head.

"Is something wrong?" Caroline asks, sitting next to her.

Muriel stares at her, a frustration forming. She points at herself before looking at her fingers and walking them across the palm of her other hand.

Caroline smiles. "You're fine, you'd like to learn to walk?"

Muriel nods.

She sighs and stands. "All right then."

"I'll let you lead," Caleb says, moving to beside Caroline.

She smirks and nods. "Take her hand and hold below her elbow."

Caleb slowly obeys, watching Muriel, waiting for any reaction to show that she wasn't comfortable with him touching her.

Instead, there is a small spark of excitement in her eyes.

"All right, we're going to pull you to your feet in three, two, one, and up we go," Caroline says.

Muriel wobbles as soon as she leaves the bed and nearly falls forward, would have if they both weren't holding her. She shutters as she moves one leg forward. She thought it would be easy but never realized how weird it would be to have legs and hard to balance, also having a greater ability to hurt herself if she falls.

"Lock your knees," Caroline says.

Muriel looks at her, completely confused.

Carolines stares at her for a moment. "We're sitting her back down."

Caleb nods and obeys.

She sighs. "I guess we're going to start at square one."

Muriel grabs fistfuls of her skirt, a nervousness growing.

Caroline kneels in front of her and places her hand on her feet. "These are your feet. These are your toes; they help you balance. These are your knees; they make moving around easier. When you lock them, you stand up straight, but normally they're not." She gently takes Muriel's ankle and moves it straight. "If I told you to tense your knee, would you understand that?"

Muriel stares out for a moment before tensing her legs.

"Yes, a little overkill but something like that," Caroline says. "Your knees always bend as you walk unless you're waddling." She stands and feels Muriel's hips. "These are your hips, where your hips are facing, that's where you're walking. Now, move your legs up and down, going from bent to straight."