A Thousand Years of Waiting

wow, it's been more than a year of writing and i can't believe it's over... it's been fun writing this story for you guys, you're probably the best fans i could ever ask for!

with all that being said and done, enjoy the last chapter of ms. sencen!

~anna

p.s. please don't comment spoilers, it really ruins the fun for everyone. remember, don't spoil it for others! any comments with spoilers on the top section will be deleted!!! save your spoilers for the bottom.

 remember, don't spoil it for others! any comments with spoilers on the top section will be deleted!!! save your spoilers for the bottom

three weeks later

Sophie's POV:

It's been all these weeks, and I still can't believe the way home was that easy. Some Moonlark I am, thinking of crazy ways to leave when the answer was right in front of my eyes.

When Keefe and I woke up in the Hospital Wing, it was hard to breathe through Elwin's bone-crushing hug. Fitz was there too. Knowing him, he had probably been waiting in the Hospital Wing with us ever since we went comatose.

Being in a coma was weirder than I expected, definitely. (Not that I anticipated being in a coma. But still.) Biana's still having words with Suk and Knorrig about it, and I'm sure there's loads of shouting involved.

Keefe's still a bit shocked from it. To be honest, we all are. I was out of commission for weeks, and if the Neverseen had found out? That would be absolute chaos. Thank God I'm back were I belong.

That doesn't mean I don't miss Naomi and Favian and Malik, wherever they are. Did the alternate universe disappear when we left it? Did it even exist at all?

I haven't talked with Keefe since we got back. He just jumped off the bed and fled from the Hospital Wing without looking back.

I guess it's for the better, considering all that's happened since...

Edaline's been a strong pillar of support throughout. Grady doesn't know what to do, but I appreciate him for trying. It's still hard for me to sleep at night, sometimes, without someone else in bed beside me.

But that's the thing. I don't know who would be in my bed, and I don't know why it would be hard to sleep without them.

I wonder what Keefe dreamed about, when he was in a coma. Probably some perfect world where he could play pranks all day at Foxfire and never get in trouble. That sounds like it would be his paradise.

My paradise was a world where the Neverseen never existed. I guess that makes sense, in a way. Then I wouldn't be a colossal disappointment to everyone.

But, I also dreamed about a family. A family with someone who I can't remember.

Isn't it funny that I can remember everything else in perfect detail but him?