Why Are You Always On My Mind?

hOLY SHITAKE MUSHROOMS I DID NOT EXPECT THAT MANY READS SO QUICKLY

9k and 11 chapters?! That's almost ONE THOUSAND READS PER CHAPTER HOLY CRAP I DESERVE AN AWARD

*ahem*

We're in the Sokeefe stage... finally. Maybe there is love in the future *awkward wink with two eyes*

~Anna

*katlyn is STILL mumbling*

ialsolikepercyjacksonstuff

BTW*clears throat*...Its a blink not an awkward wink with two eyes thank you very much

~Katlyn

July 25th, Alternate Universe, Mid-Afternoon

Sophie: 

This was quite possibly the most mortifying night of my entire life. I was sharing a bed with Keefe. I had been sharing a bed with Keefe for the last four days.

My life is really messed up. 

Keefe mumbled in his sleep - he looked so peaceful when he's sleeping, did you know that? Like all the little lines on his face from stress and worrying just melt away and I really shouldn't be thinking this right now. He whispered something, I couldn't tell what.

I turned away from him. In his sleepy state, he reached over and grabbed my arm, turning me back around to face him. "Stay," he mumbled, and I do. How could I not? Focus, Sophie, focus. This isn't supposed to be happening. You were supposed to fall in love with Fitz and have a golden romance and a happily-ever-after. 

But when my happily-ever-after isn't my happy-anything, what am I supposed to do?

(That was for all the Carry On fangirls/fanboys.)

The whole story was written out for me: I was supposed to swoon over Fitz's looks and marry him, even, and we would defeat the evil together. I don't think that the story remembered Keefe, the forgotten and broken boy who just needed someone to lean on. I don't think that I ever considered that I was the person who needed him.

He was the only one who had been through my side, no matter what. He never blamed me. And maybe I had begun to take him for granted.

And now... I didn't know what to feel.

So I just fell asleep again, curled up into Keefe's side like the lovesick girl I was. My fairy-tale romance isn't the one I expected. I was supposed to fall for the perfect boy. But now, I think I love the one who was broken.

When did my life become such a rom-com? It's not like this is a children's book where the end is basically spelled out for you - as in, I defeat the hero, become the savior of the world, and in the epilogue I have twenty-five kids and live happily-ever-after with my husband, because apparently no-one's ever heard of changing up stories a bit.