You Mean to Say That He's... DEAD?!?

Oh my God, we are so so so so so sorry for the late update. We took forever on this, so you can officially hate our guts (we had extreme writer's block. Also, we're lazy.) We've been trying to get our roleplay started, so this chapter took a loooooong time.

~Anna

*katlyn mumbles stuff under her breath*

Ilikeharrypotterstuff 

~Katlyn

July 24th, Alternate Universe, Midnight

Sophie:

It was a rather uneventful three days since we met Fitz in the woods. I mean, sure, Keefe and I panicked a lot, and were pretty much useless to Naomi, Favian, and Malik for 72 hours, but we were transported to an alternate universe.

Granted, we couldn't exactly use that excuse in front of them, because... well, because it would shatter their idea of the world. Mine had already been shattered, and trust me, it wasn't what you would call "fun." More like crazy, weird, and downright terrifying.

Now, of course, given those horrid late-July temperatures, we were waiting for Fitz again while shivering. He promised to bring Linh, of course - but since he was cheating on Stina with her, it wasn't exactly ideal. I mean, I knew Linh. She was sweet, funny, and kind. She wouldn't hurt a fly - like all other elves, but you get the idea.

The point is, the Linh I know wouldn't cheat on anyone. What had happened to her?

"Sophie?" called Fitz, stepping out of the shadows. I flinched, a bit surprised that he was there. Keefe rested his chin on the top of my head (why did he have to be so tall? It was infuriating) and smirked.

"Lover Boy is here," he whispered so that only I could hear. I huffed and stepped out from underneath him, causing him to stumble a bit. "Hey - Sophie!" he spluttered. "That was rude."

"So are you," I teased. "So I think that my actions were justified."

Linh glided effortlessly out next to Fitz - how did she always manage to look so elegant? "Hello, Sophie," she said, cracking a smile. "How have you been?"

I smiled back. "It's so good to see you," I said truthfully, stepping closer to her. She looked so regal, though still slightly obscured by the shadows - Fitz was obviously head over heels, and had good reason.

"It's been a long three years," she admitted, before stepping fully into the light. She looked so different, that I couldn't help but gasp. Her once-long hair was shoulder-length and the silver tips looked longer than ever. She had a small scar running across her nose - but even that wasn't the biggest change.

It was in her eyes. Before, they had always looked so happy and full of life. Now... now they were broken. Like a puzzle missing a piece, or a glass that had been shattered. What happened to you, Linh? I wondered.