Chapter:4 A New Teacher...Maybe

"Wait what do you mean I'm the person you guys are looking for? Who are you guys? And why me-" Caspian rushed.

"Slow down and take a breath then I'll explain everything. Ok?" Corvus replied.

"Ok."

"So now that I know you aren't going to pass out let me explain. The man that you saw in your dream was King Cepheus he rules over Hell with an Iron fist. Your old teacher- What was his name by the way?"

"Uh, William."

"So, the books that William gave you one of them was about Communications and the other was about the history of Hell, he gave you the book about communications so that you could contact me, that's why there was a note on that page, I'm assuming he wanted you to talk to me because of the prophecy-"

"Wait prophecy? What prophecy?"

"I was getting to that," Corvus said, slightly irritated. "there's a prophecy about returning Hell to how it used to be. I think I have it written down somewhere, I'll find it later and tell you exactly what it says when I'm done explaining, but the main points are that there is a powerful sorcerer that will need a new teacher to help them become that powerful than the sorcerer and the new teacher will find a way to restore Hell to the great and prosperous kingdom that it used to be. This all makes sense so far?"

"I don't know how but yes. I think."

"Ok well, it's going to get weirder."

"Of course, it is.

"I think William believed that you are that sorcerer and when he couldn't teach you anymore, he gave you the book to contact me. I think he gave you the book about the history of Hell so that you could learn about how it was before it all went to shit."

"Ok so let me get this straight, William thinks that I am going to be this sorcerer in this prophecy about restoring the kingdom of Hell and gave me a book to talk to a Demon who is supposed to be my new teacher," Caspian stated flatly, looking to where he heard the voice hoping Corvus could see the sarcastic look he gave him.

"You know if I didn't have that dream and didn't hear that voice, I would think you are full of bullshit."

"Understandable."

Caspian looked out the window and saw the orange and red colors of the morning starting to break through the clouds. He stood up and walked over to his bag and started to pack his bag.

"Well, I have to get ready and go to work. You can stay with me throughout the day if you want or you can do whatever I don't care."

"I think I'll stay with you and see what you do. I don't have anything else better to do today."

"Ok then," Caspian said and changed into his work clothes, "let's go."

Caspian walked out of his house and began walking to work.

Things just got a lot more interesting, I guess.

                                                                           Ten Minutes Later

Caspian walked into the small shop and grabbed his apron from the hook.

"So, what do you do?" Corvus whispered to Caspian. 

"I make and enchant potions and elixirs. This is a coffee shop that sells potions, elixirs, coffee, charms, and food."

"Oh ok."

Caspian smiled and started to set up what he needed for the day while Corvus watched in amusement. The day was like every other day, but he was glad that he had someone to talk to, besides the owner who came in occasionally to see how everything was going before returning to the back to make the food when things were slow. When most people come into the store, they will get their coffee or drink and sometimes they will ask to have it enchanted then they will go off to work or whatever they had planned to do that day, not paying any mind to Caspian anymore than they had to. That was until one particular customer came in, Callum."

"Damn it," Caspian whispered under his breath.

"What's wrong?" Corvus whispered.

Callum walked in and glared at Caspian. He turned his head to his friends and laughed.

"That's Callum, he's the biggest asshole in the whole village and makes it his sole objective to make my life miserable apparently," Caspian whispered to Corvus trying to not be heard by anyone. 

"Want me to do anything about it?"

"No, it's ok, but thanks though."

Normally Caspian would feel a little scared around Callum especially since he got into a fight with them the other day but knowing that Corvus was there and could do something made him feel a little bit better.

"Look it's the witch. Turn anyone into frogs recently?" Callum asked mockingly.

"Unless you want to volunteer for that, no. How's the black eye and broken nose I gave you doing?" Caspian asked with a taunting smile.

"Oh, so the freak has more confidence, we should do something about that," Callum commented to his friends.

With that comment, Caspian's confidence began to fade but he kept his face blank to not show them how he felt. He could feel someone behind him getting angrier and angrier. He assumed it was Corvus and decided enough was enough with Callum and his friends before Corvus accidentally did anything.

"If you aren't going to order anything then I'm going to have to ask you to leave." He calmly told Callum.

Callum glared at Caspian and huffed.

"I would watch your back if were you," Callum growled. After glaring one last time he and his friends left the shop.

Once they left Caspian let out a breath, he didn't know he was holding.

"You should have let me do something," Corvus said still sounding angry.

"I didn't want you to do anything that would end up making me a bigger target for them or anyone else," Caspian replied while cleaning up for closing.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Sorry." Corvus sounded calmer.

"It's ok."

Caspian closed up the shop and began walking home. Not long after he started walking, he felt like he was being watched. He started to slow down to stop and look around, but Corvus stopped him. 

"Don't stop just keep walking until you get home." Corvus sounded slightly panicked and rushed him to get home.

"Why what's wrong?"

"There is someone following you and he isn't with Callum's group. I'll explain when you are home. Things are worse than I thought it would be."

Caspian hurried home trying to not let the man following him know that he was aware he was following.

"Ok, so who was that?" Caspian said as he quickly shut his door and looked out of the window trying to look for the man that followed him.

"I think that was one of the King's men."

"The King's men? As in the King of Hell? Why would he send someone to follow me?" Caspian nearly shouted.

"I don't know. I think because of the prophecy maybe. The King rules Hell with an iron grip and I don't think that he would be too happy if you returned Hell to how it used to be before he was king."

Caspian looked out his window to see if the man was anywhere to be seen.

"I don't see him anymore maybe he left."

"Let's just hope that he didn't see where you live."

Caspian turned around and looked at where the voice was coming from.

"Why would I need to worry about that?"

"I don't think you have to but let's put some wards just in case."

Caspian nodded, grabbed his chalk, and began to draw wards of protection all around his house. The wards glowed in a soft blue light in the dark of the setting sun.

"Do you have to work tomorrow?" Corvus asked when Caspian finished.

"No not tomorrow. Why?"

"We can start your training tonight then if you're up for it."

"Great."

Corvus followed Caspian to his desk, and they began his training.

The Sorcererजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें