Chapter 12: Hide Your Secrets, Disguise Your Weakness

"I'll tell you all about what happened to me when we set up a better camp for the night. I don't want to stay too close to here in case anyone comes looking for you."

Andromeda nodded in response.

"This is Alice and Cas. They're friends of mine, like family now. Aquila's been helping us find you."

Corvus gestured to the other two, introducing them to Andromeda. Alice stuck her hand out to shake it.

"I'm Alice. It's great to finally meet you."

Andromeda smiled and shook her hand. The four of them went back to their camp and began taking it down and packing up as quickly as possible. They rode about an hour towards their house before stopping for the night.

"I think this should be far enough." Cas said as Corvus helped him down from their horse. Alice helped Andromeda down and began unloading their stuff. They didn't bother making a fire this time, they were too exhausted. They decided to talk more in the morning instead. Once the tents were up they decided to just sleep and get an early start. Cas and Corvus in their tent with Andromeda joining Alice in hers.

Corvus and Cas laid in their tent waiting for sleep to take them. Quiet giggling could be heard from the girls' tent.

"I'm glad they're getting along." Cas laughed.

"Yeah."

Corvus rolled onto his side to look at Cas. "You did really good today. I think you're getting better."

Cas smiled at him. "Thanks."

The boys laid there fighting off sleep. Cas adjusted how he was laying, moving his arm under his head. His hand brushed Corvus's when he moved. He felt Cas's hand move against his and opened his eyes. Cas looked like he was asleep, he probably didn't notice. He hesitated then moved to intertwine his fingers loosely with Cas. Cas stirred slightly and smiled at him and tightened their fingers before going back to sleep. Corvus felt giddy at that and tried to calm down for sleep.

The sun rose over the horizon as the four of them ate. 

"So now it's probably best we have a difficult conversation." Corvus said when he was done eating.

Andromeda looked up and nodded for him to continue.

"Do you remember anything before your dad was in charge."

She shook her head. "Not really. I mean I remember you a little bit when we would play but not much."

Corvus nodded and took a deep breath. "My mom was queen before your dad was the king. It wasn't for a very long time though; when I was little, maybe around ten, your dad attacked my parents and killed them. In front of me."

Andromeda gasped; she looked horrified but not in disbelief.

"I ran and I guess he thought I died in the attacks, but I didn't. I lived on the streets until a few months ago. Cas was given a summoning spell from his mentor, and he contacted me. We've been helping each other since. Then we met Alice, your dad burnt down her village. She's been helping us try to overthrow him. Before we me your sister Alice heard about what was happening with your wedding and thought you would like to help us."

"Of course I would. He's as shitty with my family as he is with others," Andromeda looked at him with a fire in her eyes, "He's abusive to us all, mom is just absent and has been Aquilas whole life. The abuse got too much for her and she just checked out emotionally and mentally. I've had to raise Aquila myself." As she said this she played with the necklace from Aquila.

"I'll do whatever it takes to get him off of that throne and gone for good." She said determinately.

"Welcome to our little family then." Cas said with a reassuring smile.