Chapter 7: The Bard, the Witch, and the Orphan

After Cas checked to make sure Corvus was healed properly, the boys began to make their way to Williams house.

"I really hope William has something to help. That would be a nice change of pace." Corvus huffed.

"Yeah maybe you won't get your ass kicked this time." Cas joked.

Corvus looked at him deadpan, raising an eyebrow causing Cas to laugh.

Soon they were knocking on Williams door hoping he was home.
"Yes, oh Caspian, my boy how can I help you and your friend." William stepped aside to let them in.

"We were hoping you might have some books on a specific kingdom," Cas said cautiously, eyeing Corvus. "Hell actually."

"Ah, I see. I don't believe I do but maybe some of the previous allies of Hell will."

William walked over to a map and started searching.
"Taedal is the closest to us I believe. Should only be a few days ride to get there. There is also an old compound that some magic users took residence in. Theyre gone now so maybe you both could hide out there. Looking into this stuff will get you into some trouble."

He handed Cas the map with a route marked for them. They said their goodbyes and headed back to Cas's house.

"Hey can you pass me that leather book." Corvus held one up questioningly. "Yeah the one with the insignias thanks." Cas finished packing his bag.

"I think that's everything we need. What do you think?" Cas looked to Corvus awaiting his input.

"Yeah I think that should be fine. Question though, do you know where to rent a horse?"

"Yeah there's a stable in town not for from the coffee shop." Cas paused. "I should probably tell them I'm leaving and won't be back. I'll do that on the way out."

After stopping by the coffee shop and acquiring the horses the boys set off towards Taedal.

A Few Days Later

Finally after their journey the two make it into town. After checking in at the inn and turning in the horses they rented, they went to the library to look for more books. They scowered the library as much as they could for a few hours ultimately coming up with nothing.

"I'm going to have a fucking conniption at this point, Gods!" Cas whisper yelled and threw his hands up.

"I might join you. Let's just get back to the inn before it gets to late I'm hungry."

Cas angerly trudged next to Corvus back to the inn. They found a table off to the side of the small stage where someone was performing.

"I feel like we're getting no where with this." Cas says bitterly while putting his cup down.

Corvus scans the room as Cas talks looking for anyone suspicious or eavesdropping. He sees someone out of the corner of his eye looking at them.

"I mean all I want to do is find one fucking book about Hell that isn't redacted!"

He trys to get a better look at the person. She's on the smaller side with long blondish hair, fairly inconspicuous looking and plain but he knows the type. They're the ones with ears and eyes in the walls. He realizes she was the one performing just a second ago.

"Is it that hard to find a decent history book honestly, Gods-"

"Cas." Corvus cuts him off abruptly nudging him under the table as the girl approaches them