Chapter 5: Babies?

Start from the beginning

However, I wore a retractable cloak, and had my hood up, leaving the top of my face in shadow. The fabric hung in a way that it shielded my arms from view, which would have to be good enough.

As long as I kept my arm underneath the fabric, it would be fine. That way, I wouldn't have to find out how anyone would react.

It would be a good judge of their characters, but is there really a "right" way to react to a scaled arm? 

I lifted my hand into view, flexing my fingers with a degree of distaste as I assessed it. All the way up to my shoulder, my arm was covered in a gradient of sturdy black, red, and whitish-gold scales.

Maybe it was some twisted stylistic choice. Like I was their artwork, some doll to dress up. 

I felt sick to my stomach at the notion, and tried to push it away as I hid my arm in the folds of my cloak again.

It seemed like my cloak was the one to hide all of my more unsavoury aspects, considering that it kept my head, and similarly coloured hair from view. Usually, my beanie was the one that did that— my hair was always tucked into it (in a bun if you have long hair).

A mask hid the upper part of my face, covering the bridge of my nose and leaving my forehead visible.

I entered the area later than everyone else, which was noticed by a couple of my classmates.

The area we stood in was huge, and a set up of a cityscape— with real buildings.

They really are devoted to the best and most realistic training, huh? They even went all out with the entrance exam...

"Nice costume, (L/N)." Mineta said, unable to see my exposed arm.

"Don't even try, creep." I narrowed my eyes at my short classmate, who was looking at me up and down in a way that made my skin crawl.

Hell, are these really the people I have to deal with in my class?

Kaminari bounded up to me, a giant grin on his face.

"Thanks Kaminari. Your costume is nice. The simplicity makes it more appealing," I complimented.

"You don't have to keep your hood up, though." He tugged at the material, only indicating what he meant, not trying to pull it off, and I swatted away his hand with my left hand.

"I prefer it up."

We left it at that, as All Might began to speak. "They say the clothes make the pros, young ladies and gentlemen. And behold! You are the proof! Take this to heart: from now on, you are now all heroes in training! You all look so cool! It's time to get started, you bunch of newbies!"

After a question from Iida, All Might explained that we would be doing 2-on-2 battles. One team would be the Heroes, the other Villains. The Villains would be guarding a weapon of which the Heroes don't know the location of. The Heroes will get to study the floor plan, and will have to try to figure out where the weapon might be. The only way the Heroes could win was either by capturing both of them —where you wrapped them in tape— or touching the weapon. There was a timer, which, when it went off, if the Heroes hadn't won, then the win automatically went to the Villains.

However, due to the fact that there was an odd number of students, things would work slightly differently than planned.

The battles would take place indoors, as that was where most crime actually took place.

He had us all take slips from a box to choose our teams.

"Who has K?" I looked around for a waving hand, or some sort of signal.

"Ah, young (L/N), you will be working alone. I will be splitting up one team to do a one-on-one battle against each other, and you will fight alone against another team. I will explain more once every team knows which team they will be facing off against!"

~

Team A: Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka

Team B: Mezo Shoji and Shoto Todoroki

Team C: Minoru Mineta and Momo Yaoyorozu

Team D: Katsuki Bakugo and Tenya Iida

Team E: Mina Ashido and Yuuga Aoyama

Team F: Koji Koda and Rikido Sato

Team G: Kyoka Jiro and Denki Kaminari

Team H: Fumikage Tokoyami and Tsuyu Asui

Team I: Mashirao Ojiro and Toru Hakagure

Team J: Hanta Sero and Eijiro Kirishima

Team K: (Y/N) (L/N) (working alone)

~

Team A (Heroes) V.S. Team D (Villains)

Team B (Heroes) V.S. Team I (Villains)

Team C (Momo Yaoyorozu—Villain) V.S. Team C (Minoru Mineta—Hero)

Team E (Heroes) V.S. Team F (Villains)

Team G (Villains) V.S. Team K (Heroes)

Team H (Villains) V.S. Team J (Hero)

~

~

"Now then! Team C: Yaoyorozu and Mineta, I will be splitting you up. You will be fighting against each other in the third battle! Team G: Jiro and Kaminari, you will be going against Team K: (Y/N) (L/N), who is fighting alone. You will be fighting in the second-last —or fifth— battle."

"Yeah! Easy win!" Kaminari cheered.

He was lucky he couldn't see my eyes, which were glaring daggers at him. I had to crush the urge to cross my arms over my chest, not wanting anyone to see my arms.

"Team D Villains, you may go in and get set up. Team A Heroes, wait here and go over these floor plans. Everyone else, you may come with me to the viewing room. Don't forget, if things go too far, I'll step in."

~

Well... now you know why you don't have your normal hair colour and wear long sleeves—

Yay.

I mean, I hope you like it... imagine a different colour combination if you don't. [Edit: future Cøcøa-Malløw here— the colour combination is somewhat important to the story. However, you can still change it up however you'd like. It would be too vague if I used (Random colour combination) every time, y'know?]

But ye. I wonder how your battle trial will go... hmmmmm.

We'll find out.

Hope you enjoyed! Till next time, bai Marshmalløws!

-Cøcøa-Malløw