chapter 2: homonculous

~1973-1974~

Summer had been fun for Sirius, James, Remus, and Peter. They had spent most of the break at Potter Manor. James had invited them to go with him immediately after arriving at King's Cross. The group left happily with James and his parents to their beautiful mansion. The boys and Fleamont would play Quidditch and then help Euphemia cook dinner, she thought that being able to cook was something that even magic couldn't teach. Sirius really liked them, they were becoming like a second family to him.

Once Sirius went back home, his parents grounded him for the rest of the summer for being, in their words, a blood-traitor. He was used to this, they had been tougher on him ever since he was sorted into Gryffindor three years ago. Sirius didn't care or, at least, acted like he didn't. All they would do was praise his younger brother, Regulus, because he had actually gotten into Slytherin and was surrounding himself with Bellatrix, Narcissa, and Lucius Malfoy. Sirius knew the kind of people they were, so naturally, he was worried about his little brother. His parents didn't seem to care, they were proud of their true son.

Sirius tried not to think about that as he and James looked for a compartment on the Hogwarts Express. They were going back for their third year, one of the most challenging years at Hogwarts, as Remus had said during the summer. The two of them were not worried in the slightest, they had plenty of time before worrying about O.W.Ls and careers.

James saw Snape sitting in a compartment alone and turned to Sirius. They smirked at each other and they opened the compartment door.

"Lil-" Snape began, but then realized that it was James and Sirius, "Did you lose something, Potter ? Black ?"

"Oh no," James said sarcastically, "We were just looking for a compartment, and it seems like we found the perfect one."

He threw himself down on the seat across Snape and put his feet up. Sirius did the same. Snape glared at both of them from the other side of the compartment.

"I guess so, James," Sirius said, "But it smells a bit funny, doesn't it ?"

"It does," James played along "Snivellus did you poop your pants ?"

"Being the little baby he is, I don't see why not," Sirius said chuckling.

Snape stood up and got his wand out. Before he could say anything Lily appeared on the door.

"Sev !" she exclaimed, "What on Earth are you doing ?"

"Lily," he breathed out, "They were just being their obnoxious selves."

"I was thinking that we were quite charming," Sirius said.

"I think so, too," James said. He turned his attention towards Lily, "So, Evans, fancy sitting with us ? We'll tell Snivellus to go so you won't be uncomfortable."

"No thanks, Potter," Lily said, "Why would I ever want to sit with a knob head ?"

"I don't know," James replied, "Ask Snivellus."

Lily scoffed and grabbed Snape's hand, pulling him out of the compartment. They began to walk away but James and Sirius stuck their heads out to the corridor. They looked at each other and smirked. James got out his wand and pointed it at Snape.

"Stercus."

A lime green light shot out of his wand and hit Snape on his bum. He immediately started to fart uncontrollably and everyone around him covered their noses. James and Sirius burst out laughing. Most students started to poke their heads out of their compartments, smelling what had just happened and covered their noses.