Unexpected Visitors

Start from the beginning

"I think... we all need a moment to recollect ourselves after that." Aaron admits. I look up in surprise when even his voice sounds shaky. I never thought Aaron was scared of anything.

"Right..." I say slowly, not ready to admit how much that scares me. "Let's...close the door."

Aaron nods and crosses over to it as Garroth starts poking Kim. "Kim? Kim!!"

"Oh, big brother, stop poking her!" I chide angrily, picking her up like she's a feather. "All you're going to do is give her bruises!" I carry her over to the couch and set her down. Garroth follows me worriedly.

"How's Kim doing?" Lucinda asks, coming over with Aaron as Garroth resumes his poking.

"She would be doing better if Garroth would stop poking her!" I say savagely, shoving him away from her. "I think she's fine."

"I've been poking her to see if she wakes up." Garroth points out helpfully.

"What's that going to do?" Lucinda asks.

"SEE?" I yell.

"Wake her up." Garroth says blankly. "I dunno! Why are you yelling at me?"

"I'm just---" Lucinda sighs. "Sorry, I'm just... Kinda shaken up after the whole wolf thing." She turns to Aaron. "Aaron, are you sure the doors are locked?"

"Uh...I'll check again." Aaron says, then runs off.

"Kim, wake up!" Garroth cries. "Kim! Kim! Kim-Kim Kimmie Kim!" He keeps poking her until I hold both his wrists down. Honestly, you'd think I was older sometimes!

"The doors are locked tight." Aaron amends.

"Well...That's good." Lucinda says.

"Guys! I think she's coming to!" Garroth cheers. I look down and, sure enough, Kim's eyelids are fluttering madly as she groans and sits up. Aaron and Lucinda run over.

"Uhh...What happened?" Kim asks.

"Wolves." Lucinda says bluntly.

"GAH!" Kim cries. "I FORGOT!"

"Kim! It's all right! It's perfectly fine!" Garroth promises. "The doors are shut sound and we're safe."

"I-is that true, Lucinda?" Kim turns to Lucinda.

"Hey!" Garroth complains as I giggle.

"I'm sorry, Garroth, but Lucinda seems to know what she's dealing with." Kim explains.

"Eh-hem!" Aaron coughs.

"Oh! You too, Aaron!" Kim promises. "It's just, well... Lucinda, you seem to know a lot about weird, other-worldly stuff."

"True dat." I grin at Lucinda.

"Well, you're not wrong." Lucinda says. "I do know a lot." She crosses around the couch. "And from what I know we're perfectly fine!" She laughs, and I think I hear a bit of nervousness. Chills crawl up my stomach. Lucinda AND Aaron afraid?

"Really?!" Kim cries happily, not noticing.

"Really!" Lucinda promises. "I'm sure one of us just left the door open."

"Boob brain!" I call out, hugging my brother from the side.
"Aww..." He practically coos, hugging me back. "Wait. That's not a good thing!"

"Whew!" Kim sighs. "That's a relief to hear."

"Yeah. Ooh, I was going to say!" Garroth untangles himself from my bear hug and climbs over to the fireplace. "This is a huuuge fireplace! Maybe we should try to turn it on?"