"Ugh, see why I thought this entire thing was fishy?" Aaron asks, groaning.

"It did sound too good to be true, Violet." Kim says timidly.

"Yeah, but---"

"It sounded awesome getting paid to vacation." My brother finishes, walking towards the lodge.

"Garroth, we are not vacationing!" Aaron snaps. "Our parents said to fix things up!"

"Well..." Lucinda starts, examining the lodge. "Nothing a few potions can't take care of and---" She stops, her face falling. "Uh---Wait, wait." She starts tearing through the suitcases. "Where is my potion bag?!"

Aaron runs to the car to look, while Garroth, Kim and I help her look through the bags.

"I--I...I didn't see any other bags in the car." Kim admits nervously. "Maybe you forgot to bring it?"

"MMM!" Lucinda groans. "There's no way I forgot to bring it. I probably put it on the ground, and forgot to pick it up somewhere." She sighs, not believing herself. "Yeah."

"It's okay, Lucinda. We'll get you a new bag." Garroth promises.

"Ugh, that's not the point!" Lucinda snaps. "My wand and potions are in there."

"Is it hard to make potions?" I ask. "Where would you even go to get the ingredients?

I didn't see any stores on the way here."

Lucinda sighs. "I'm sure I can find what I need to make some potions, but... it won't be easy."

"Regardless," Aaron starts, and we all turn to him but Garroth. "Lucinda, I heard about your cleaning potions from Dante, and I'd rather we don't use those here. I wanna fix the place up ourselves, and not have everything disappear and then reappear in the neighbor's backyard."

"But---" Garroth starts.

"Garroth, I'm here to earn something for someone I deeply care about. Those things aren't given." Aaron reminds him. "They're earned."

"Fair point..." Garroth admits.

"Still, I feel naked without my wand or potions." Lucinda shudders.

"Maybe we should get inside." I suggest.

"Yeah, it's getting really chilly." Kim chimes in.

"Right." Aaron agrees. All of us walk towards the door. Garroth gets there first and jiggles the handle for a minute before stepping back.

"The door's locked!" He complains.

"Didn't you parents give you a key to this place?" Lucinda asks.

"No." I say. "Why?"

"Are we going to freeze to death?" Kim asks, her voice reaching higher in pitch.

"No worries!" Garroth says happily. "I'm great with getting doors open! Just watch!" He turns to the door. "Stand back, everyone!" He cheers.

"Garroth stop!" I screech. "We need the door!"

"Levin put a key here." Aaron says, holding one up from the potted plant.

Garoth, who was preparing to run at the door, turned to look at it. "Oh. Aw, maaaaaan..."

I pat his back. "We'll find you a door inside, big brother."

He sniffles and Aaron unlocks the door, walking inside. Garroth and Kim follow him, and then Lucinda and I. I close and re-lock the door behind us. Once inside, I scan our surroundings. A huge fireplace is in the center of the high-ceilinged room, complete with red silk everywhere and dusty banners adorning the walls.