↘︎ chapter seventy-seven

Start from the beginning

The Manor was so big and spacious. There were pink shrubs, apple trees in the garden, and overall it seemed a pretty nice place to be for an old old lady who clearly didn't seem to love visitors. But there would apparently be plenty of people living now. And her house was huge, too. There was space for an entire mall.

"Arthur, they're coming!" Marley recognised the familiar voice of Molly Weasley. "Hello, Brielle."

"Molly." greeted coldly Marley's mother, who had just appeared on the threshold. Behind her were Noelle Black and Arthur Weasley. After the four entered the well-kept garden, Mrs. Weasley came down to hug everyone, then Arthur shook hands with them, and Brielle and Noelle hugged the two girls.

"I'm glad to see you again, M." smiled Brielle to her daughter.

"You too, Mom."

"Noen is in the living room." Noelle said. "But I guess you want to leave your suitcase first. Aunt Muriel--- oh, there she is! She's quite crazy, if you understand me."

"Fred! George!" Aunt Muriel was in the garden, looking at her great-nephews, while Mr. Weasley was helping her go down the marble stairs. "I didn't forget what you did so many years ago! I may be a hundred and seven years old (Brielle and Noelle sighed desperately), but I have a memory like an elephant. And elephants remember a lot."

"At breakfast, you forgot that you had to take a fork," reminded her Brielle, "and when we reminded you said that-- by a strange coincidence, you are one hundred and seven years old and that you are very old, so you keep forgetting things."

"Fiddlesticks, this is cock-and-bull, Brielle." exclaimed Aunt Muriel angrily. "I remember very well. And what are these two beauties here? They look like tortured souls. Are you with those tall red-haired trees?"

"I told you you're too tall," said Marley, pointing at George but he just grinned.

"Oh, poor girl!" Aunt Muriel looked at Marley regretfully. "Don't tell me you're with him. You look so tormented. I'm sure he's constantly dropping Dungbombs under your chair."

"Uh, no--"

"And then, it just comes the strong desire to punch him--"

"Actually, yes." said Marley and George looked at his girlfriend like she was a traitor. Marley simply smirked.

"Anyway," intervened Fred finally, "Aunt Muriel, we are not capable to go to work for now and we need a place where to keep our stuff for home delivers."

"Why do you think I'll let you do it, red-haired buffoons?" Muriel asked aloud, ignoring how Mrs. Weasley called her in warning. Fred and George didn't seem offended, and instead they laughed out loud. "I still remember what you did to me, but I'm merciful, so fine. You can keep your shit in the back room but be very careful with this exploding bombs."

Fred and George grinned once again, then entered the Manor, immediately heading for the back room of Muriel's.

"What are you all waiting for?" she asked them. "I can't climb this stairs. I'm--"

"One hundred and seven years old." said everyone in choir and Aunt Muriel just smiled.

"Yes, I'm that old. And I need help. Arthur, come here!"

Arthur went and picked up Aunt Muriel, helping her enter the house. Now there were only Molly, Brielle, Noelle, Marley and Angelina outside. Marley had seen the great-aunt of the Weasley children at Bill and Fleur's wedding, but she had never spoken to her. And even though she was really rude, there was that black humour that made you laugh. She was now certain that the twins' number one priority was to drive her crazy.