Chapter 21

Margie

When Margie went over to Addison's place to take the pregnancy test, deep down she already knew what the outcome was going to be. Jones had set out to "knock her up" and that's exactly what he did. But now she was the one who had to deal with it.

As they walked through the front door, Tia had her feet kicked up on the coffee table, looking very pregnant and uncomfortable, while Win was cooking her something to eat. Addison went into the kitchen and gave him a kiss, and the way Win looked at her made Margie smile.

"So, red hot, what are you doing coming over so early?" Win asked, flipping a sandwich.

"Nothing, nothing at all. Just wanted to..."

"She's taking a pregnancy test." Addison grinned.

"Addison!" Margie gasped.

Win laughed. "Hell, angel, I think pregnancy is like some kind of disease that spreads around you women," came his remark, and even Tia laughed at that along with him.

With a roll of her eyes, Margie took the not-so-secret pregnancy test out of the bag and walked down the hall. It was when her fears were finally confirmed that Lynn came in, and just like Addison had said, Lynn guessed what was going on within three minutes of being there.

After Mindy showed up, they all had a light dinner while poor Tia was trying to get comfortable with her massive belly on her petite frame. Margie could only get down a couple of bites, but then ran to the bathroom and threw up everything she managed to get down. She cleaned herself up and Addison gave her some ginger ale. Then she lay on the sofa and told the girls everything that happened between her and Jones.

"You mean he told you that he wanted to get you pregnant?" Mindy asked.

"Oh, he said a lot more, but that's what it boiled down to."

"Well, shit, who would've thought he'd do something so fucking stupid?" Lynn sat back with an unlit smoke in her mouth as she thought. "That's usually the first thing guys normally run away from—you know, hands in the air and screaming their ass off!"

Tia sat back on the couch and flinched like something had just hurt her, and Mindy caught it. "Hey, you doing all right, T?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. But even though Jones was a total dick for doing this to you, Margie, I think it's awesome that you're going to have a baby." Tia smiled, trying to find a comfortable position.

"Marge, what are your thoughts on the whole baby situation?" Addison asked.

Margie took a deep breath. "I honestly was trying not to think about it. But now that I know, do you think I should keep it?" she whispered.

"Are you thinking that you don't want to?"

Mindy came and sat on the floor in front of her. "Do you really not want it? I mean really, Margie? I know Jones has been a complete ass in the past, but you do love him, right? And this is something you don't get a second chance over. Once it's done, it's done."

Her eyes drifted to Lynn, who had crossed her arms over her chest, not looking very happy with the way the topic was heading. "You already know my feeling on that subject, red hot. It's not the baby's fault it was made. You have to take responsibility for it, even if the ass did trick you. But we all know deep down you wanted that night with him, so don't lie to yourself about it now that there's a child as the outcome."

"I know and I feel the same way, but this means that I'll always have Jones in my life. I mean, this baby gives him free access to me and my heart...forever," she mused.