- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41 -

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" I automatically knew what he was talking about.

"You know what I mean.." his eyes squinted "You can't keep doing this forever. At some point you're going to want him back. I've seen what he does whenever he sees you!"

"I don't even know about this point.." I pursed my lips and remembered that night of our argument.

~"No! I-It's just training! That's why we didn't feel the need to tell you!"~

~"Training? Is that REALLY all you could come up with? What is REALLY going on Deku..? Just be honest with me!"~

~"I-I.. I can't.. Sorry.."~

~"Is this what we've become now..?"~

~"Become.. What..?"~

~"I thought we were friends? We're just rivalries now, aren't we?"~

~"N-No! Unless you want to be.. But-"~

~"Deku.. Whatever you're doing with my Dad, just be honest with me next time. I know he favours you over me-"~

~"W-What..?! No! That's not true!"~

And from that day forward, we never spoke again. No matter how close we were, even if we made eye contact, we didn't dare say a word. At this point it was pretty clear everyone saw this mini feud but didn't talk about it in front of us.

It was nerve-racking enough since Dad would usually come over and give us food for Midoriya and I. But I hadn't really done that since that night. I was to completely ignore him and his text messages.

"(Y/n).." Zerusus set on a disappointed tone "You need to talk to him! And your Dad!"

"My Dad can keep himself away from me" I was only angered by the mention of him "Now I'm starting to think about it.. He was here this whole time.."

"What do you mean?"

"Even before my Entrance Exam he was here!" my eyebrows furrowed.

"Uh.. Some explanation..?"

"When Dad gave Deku his One for All, he had to be here in Japan to give it to him, right?! So why couldn't he meet me as soon as he returned from America?!"

"(Y/n).. I think you're just over-thinking. You need to put your mind off of what happened and put it on what's going to happen" he flew closer "Eri's coming to the Festival, you need to put a smile on her face"

"Whatever.." I uttered and activated my Quirks "Let's do this.." I sighed.

Zerusus nodded as I sprinted in a linear direction up to when he swiftly transformed him to his bigger form. I performed a quick front flip and generated Fire Balls and heart-shaped Water formations in a spinning motion around Zerusus's back. Right after, I created circles of flames around us when it the perfect moment had come.

"NOW!" I ordered.

A great amount of fire was breathed out from Zerusus as he flew us both in the air whilst twisting his body around and around. By this, it had caused my Fire Balls, Water Hearts and Circle of Fire to illuminate and result in a beautiful light performance.