9: First kiss

Depuis le début

"That's exactly my point. We're not like them. I'm going to their clubhouse to see if they need help. Are you guys coming?" Leo says and I look up at him.

He then scoffs, walking off.

||

"Let me guess, the Eagles didn't let you in." I say, taking a seat across from him in the cafeteria.

"Of course not. But I did talk to Sophie." He says, sliding an apple to me.

"And?" I say, spinning the apple around.

"They found a taser barb in Daniel's leg." He says, leaning his arms against the table.

"That's awful. How did it get there?" I ask, my face dropping.

"I don't know." He shrugs.

"Do you think that has to do with what the FBI was looking for?" I ask him.

"Kind of a coincidence, don't you think?" He says.

"Okay, Leo, but it's his problem now." I say, leaning back into the chair.

"Do you realize what'll happen if the FBI finds out that Daniel's connected to all this?" Leo says.

"What?"

"It'll mean a criminal investigation. Louis will have to kick him out of the school." He says.

"So? That's good news. He makes my blood boils." I scoff.

"I don't know. It's bad for the Greenhouse." He shrugs at me.

"Come on." I blurt out, getting up form my seat.

"Where are we going?" He asks as he takes my hand that I held out.

"Follow me." I chirp as I look back at him with a smirk as he playfully looks up at the ceiling.

||

"Someone once told me that the best way to let out anger, is to play music." I say, letting go of his hand as I give him his guitar.

"Do I look angry?" Leo asks, shrugging me.

"You kinda do." I nod at him and he chuckles.

I then turn on the amp, making sure everything is connected properly.

"C'mon, play something for me." I tell him.

"Says the guitar fanatic." Leo says and I scoff, shaking my head.

"Just shut and play. Please?" I says, giving him puppy dog eyes and he smirks at me.

He then starts to play and the volume increases as Leo plays a different chord.

"Yes! Louder! Whoo!" I exclaim, taking a seat on the couch and he stops playing.

"Okay, maybe I was a little angry." Leo admits.

"You think?" I say, chuckling.

He then takes a seat on the stool across from me and starts to sing.

Wow, he has a pretty good voice.

We are then interrupted by the sound of my Louie going off.

"Hey, Daniel woke up." I tell him, reading off my screen.

"That's good." Leo nods.

"Sophie blogged that the doctor says he's out of danger." I say and he sighs, nodding.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I notice Leo just staring down at his guitar.

"So, what's your deal with Daniel?" I ask, taking the guitar from him.

"What deal?" He asks, walking over to amp, unplugging it.

"You know." I say, trailing off.

"We both have a job to be the best. And often it comes at each other's expense. I respect him." He says.

"Wow, look who's all mushy now." I joke and he chuckles and I stand up and give him the guitar to pack up.

"Okay, don't get me wrong, I can't stand the guy." Leo says.

"But you care about him. And I think it's great that you feel that way." I say, finishing his sentence.

"It's just that I want to keep beating him cause he's a worthy opponent, you know? It's completely professional." Leo tells me.

"Yeah, totally. I mean you hate him so much that you kind of like him." I scoff at him.

"Will you stop it?" He huffs and I grin as I sense a little smile creeping up on his face as he puts a few things away.

"Look, I just want you to admit that you're not only sensitive, but you're also nice." I grimace at him.

"Nice? Now you're just getting carried away." Leo says, walking toward me.

"Says the one who's head is too big for their body." I say, getting up from the couch, crossing my arms.

"You know, I was debating on saying this to you but now I'm not. You're such a smartass." Leo says, shaking his head.

"Smarter than you." I joke.

"I believe that." He nods, scoffing at me.

We end up sharing a laugh as we stare into each other's eyes.

The laughter soon dies down and silence fills the room.

I notice his gaze on me and I bravely walk closer to him, making our faces only centimeter apart.

I put my hands on his face and kiss him and after a second, he kisses back but I quickly pull away once I realize what I had done.

"Why'd you stop?" Leo breathes as he pulls me closer to him.

We continue to kiss as the butterflies erupt over and over again in my stomach.

Shocker, I like Leo.