Little Zombie Heart

Start from the beginning

(Present)

Snoring made itself very apparent in a very blue room in the house. A blue hedgehog laid in his bed, all nice and comfy until his alarm went off. Damn it. He slams on the clock tiredly and rolls himself out of bed, staring at the ceiling. Should a freak like him really be going to school? He always thought about this question every morning on a school day. He remembers all the schools he's been to in his life. They've moved so much, 22 elementary schools. 14 middle schools, and right now it was at 7 high schools. The hedgehog didn't understand the situation. Why should he put all this effort into going to school if they were going to end up moving again? There was no point in going to school, and frankly he wanted to sleep his life away. But, knowing his parents, they wouldn't want him to give up.

He got up, checking the time. It only had been 5 minutes, of course it felt longer in his thoughts. Everything felt longer to him, after all what was the point of living if death did not come? Sighing, he goes to put on some baggy pants, a white t-shirt, and a worn out black sweater. He puts on his gloves and socks before putting on his favorite red shoes with a white strip and buckle. The hedgehog makes his way downstairs as Sonia and Manic were making their breakfasts.

Sonia looks up and smiles softly at her other twin brother.

" Well good morning, sleepy head. I made you toast. "

The blue hedgehog makes his way to the kitchen as his green, spikey quilled brother gets a paper towel and gives him his toast.

" Thanks Manic. "

" No problemo, bromo. "

Emerald eyes rolled at the pet name, before the two heads turned as fast as they could to a yelp. Sonia, who had now dropped the knife, was now clutching her bleeding hand as she glared at the boys.

" Oh, won't ONE of YOU help lil old me because it seems that I'm BLEEDING RIGHT NOW! "

Sonic, in a flash, now held a box of bandages. He smiled as he walked over, Manic meanwhile went ahead to pack all three of their bags. Revealing her hand, it seemed she had accidentally cut off one of her fingers. Simply, Sonic took out one of those wrap around bandages and made it work on her hand.

" You should be careful Sonia, we have school today. "

" I know, but it was Manic's stupid new pet name for you that caught me off guard. "

" HEY! IT WASN'T STUPID! "

The magenta and azure hedgehog chuckle as they go over to the pouty hedgehog and pick up their bags.

" Well, this is officially a fresh start again! "

" ...again. "

The green hedgehog made a statement after Sonia's. They were currently walking to their bus stop as Sonic was daydreaming. He wondered what his life would be like if he could die. Certainly, he knew Sonia and Manic didn't mind this power, a lot of people wouldn't but it bothered him. ' My lover will die and here I will be still existing as if I were some immortal zombie. ' He gave a small heh and smile when thinking of an immortal zombie. The blue hedgehog hadn't noticed he had stopped and already arrived at the bus stop. A tap on the shoulder snapped him back to reality. Manic and Sonia smile at him as they start to get in line to get on the bus. Sonic follows pursuit and soon enough, he has a seat to himself as Manic sat in the back while Sonia sat in the front. The blue one sat in the middle of the bus as he watched the bus start moving and go past some houses.

The vehicle makes an abrupt stop, as Sonic moves his attention to the front of the bus. He watches as the different types of kids come on. The first seemed to be a silver hedgehog, with weird five quills on his forehead. He had nervous amber eyes, as he wore a Panic! At the Disco t-shirt. His pants seemed to tuck in to boots that looked like they were pulled straight from the future. His gloves and bracelets were the same, because the gloves had strange markings. He made his way past the blue hedgehog, bummer. Next was a purple cat, her hair up in a ponytail as fur stuck out from the side. She had a small red jewel on her forehead, as her narrow amber eyes scanned the area. She wore a plain sweater, skinny jeans as her heels looked awfully similar to his. She followed the silver hedgehog, Sonic guessed they were friends.