Straight from the Horse's Mouth Pt. 8 (Chapter 35)

Start from the beginning

If I were to go back in time to my teen self and say, "Dude, Nova Queen is gonna be your best friend one day. You're going to depend on her with your life and your deepest, darkest secrets. You're going to do her so dirty and wrong, but guess what, she is still gonna be there for you in the end.
And guess what else, man? You're gonna develop the biggest crush on her during the biggest and most stressful time of your adult life thus far, and she's gonna reciprocate those feelings. You guys are gonna end up having sex for the first time and you're gonna want to keep having sex with her like all the time."

I would totally laugh at myself and call me a big fat liar and then tell myself to promptly fuck off.

Ha! If I only knew.

I can't mess this up. I can see that I could potentially have a good thing with Nova if I don't retreat to my former self or allow anything to happen.

But I can't help this annoying nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something bad is going to happen soon. Something that is going to cost me my best friend again, and possibly forever.

My siblings, Nova, and I decided to go into the city after we had our brunch to do some sightseeing and a little bit of shopping

I definitely needed something to distract me from everything that was happening. I used my good company and sweet treats we found along the way from little shops to occupy the negative space in my mind.
The only thing that made it better than that was walking around in public holding Nova's hand like she was my girlfriend or something.

I guess I had never thought of that either. If I were to ask her, would she say yes to being my first girlfriend? Would she even want to?

That's definitely something to think about in the future, but for now, we're simply best friends...with benefits?
I don't know how long this sex thing between us is going to continue, but I hope she agrees with me to continue until one of us wants to stop. I guess we should have that talk sometime soon. But I think for now I'm just gonna enjoy this for what it is now.

We ended up staying in the city for so long that it wasn't long before it was starting to become nightfall and we were all hungry again

We ended up staying in the city for so long that it wasn't long before it was starting to become nightfall and we were all hungry again. The five of us just decided to have dinner there and continue to have fun before we needed to return to the doom and gloom that was the house where our parents likely were.