Naomi pushes open the door and we step in, going behind the two seats on the other side the Alpha's desk.

"Angel, what can I do for you?", John asks

"Hi John. Do you hold records of your pack members? And are they updated frequently?"

"Uh yes, why?"

"I'm collecting data on your numbers for the council and training purposes. I'd like to have an exact number as well as names of those who are able to train and those who aren't. Also it would be best if the data is separated by age groups from newborn to age seven, age eight to thirteen, fourteen to sixty-five or older, and lastly seniors who absolutely can no longer fight or train."

"Ah well, our current numbers total to 439 members. That is as of one month ago and hasn't yet changed. As for compiling that data, I can have lists ready by tomorrow morning."

"That works. Also, please include the data of change since your numbers started declining."

"Sure. Will that be all?"

"Yeah. By the way, you and Martha do not need to to join the training; just make sure the rest of your members do. And please remind the youths that there is self defense in half an hour. Bye."

With that, we leave the office and make our way outside where Eric is leaning against my car.

"I will give you two seconds to get off of my car Eric", I say calmly

He jumps away and crosses his arms over his chest. I move past him to get in but then his hand falls on my shoulder.

"If you'd like to keep that hand, you'll remove it right now."

This time I can't resist letting the authority leak into my words, causing the guy to snatch his hand away and lower his eyes. I take that moment to quickly jump into my seat and drive away. When we get back to the house, I flop onto the couch as soon as I pass the door. Coincidentally, it is Ariel's lap that cushioned my head and she starts to gently comb my hair with her fingers.

"Did something happen?", Ariel asks

"Maddison happened", Naomi answers

"I really don't wanna go and see her stupid face", I grumble

"Don't worry, we'll make sure you don't have to work with her if that helps."

"Thanks."

Aiden and Blake come trotting downstairs followed by Dani and they're already dressed to work out like Ariel. I look at the time on my phone, seeing that there's only ten minutes before the juniors session, and reluctantly get up. Naomi follows me up and we split off to get ready.

*^*^*

Eric's pov

"Eric stop checking your watch like that", Mom scolds

"Like what?"

"You've been checking it every thirty seconds. There's still six minutes until four. Now if you want to make yourself useful, go round up the rest of the kids who aren't here yet. Get Jake to help you too."

"Okay fine."

Obviously, I'm not about to go looking for every kid that hasn't arrived outside yet; at least not in six minutes. I don't think I even know half of the children in my pack. On my way to find Jake, I tap into the pack link.

"To the parents of kids aged eight to thirteen, send or bring them to the pack house backyard for self defense training in the next five minutes. Don't slack!"